Goblin
Goblin

Re: Still Don't Have KS5

Post by Crippler » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 am

strid3s wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:58 pm
Crippler wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm
Still don't have mine, im liking and confused with this years "free" pieces, but I am spending money again like I have all the previous ones, even though I'm about to have major surgery and have no money-ish. Also I have an email saying box 1 is on its way and box 2 is in customs here in Australia.
Ooh you got an email? I don't have any emails or any KS5 yet. I'm sort of glad you got something (for both of us lol). Are you In Melbourne by any chance?
Sorry for slow reply, I am slack at getting on here, I live in Sydney NSW, and yes all my Dwarven Forge KS turned up, and the couple of items missing also turned up later on after some emails.
Chronic: An Illness persisting for a long time or is constantly recurring.
Crippler: Severe limitation on ones lifestyle.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:44 am

Two things:
a little late though :(

1 - FattyLumpkin - someone we think mentioned this - but your only harming yourself by staying out of KSVI, hope you at least went in for $10 BYOC. We say this because as soon as you get your DoD you will do two things (actually 3), you will go 'WoW'. you will then regret you did not get more and then you will kick yourself for not getting involved in KSVI.

We cannot emphasise enough of the impact of getting DF in your hand, which means the DoD delivery delay is doubly unfortunate. But, as established, DF have a cracking delivery record.

2 -
kitenerd wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 pm
Look - here is the simple truth

If the next KS is : Wall, Floor, Corner and Door - we will all be able to afford it, and it will be done on time - it will also be boring as hell

IF we want the next KS to be bigger better and more awesome - to push the limits of the molding technology - to have LED's and Magnets - to have tiles larger than 2x2 - and to generally WOW us at every turn - Then we need to expect that there will be production delays, we need to accept that parts might need to get modified in production and we need to be prepared to be patient and understand

We can't have it both ways - DF has clearly decided that they find their joy in pushing the envelope and dropping our jaws - If you like that model, you will back the KS, wait the wait and enjoy the product - if you don't share the vision, then wait for retail and purchase when you know what you will get and can get it delivered in a reasonable timeframe
WoW!

So totally agree with this and very well put kitenerd :)

We so totally love having to pick our jaws off the floor everytime we do a DF unboxing.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Post by strid3s » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Crippler wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm
Still don't have mine, im liking and confused with this years "free" pieces, but I am spending money again like I have all the previous ones, even though I'm about to have major surgery and have no money-ish. Also I have an email saying box 1 is on its way and box 2 is in customs here in Australia.
Ooh you got an email? I don't have any emails or any KS5 yet. I'm sort of glad you got something (for both of us lol). Are you In Melbourne by any chance?
Pray for Mojo..

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm

I will spend quite a bit more than I did last year.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Crippler
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Crippler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Chronic: An Illness persisting for a long time or is constantly recurring.
Crippler: Severe limitation on ones lifestyle.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:35 pm

My last shipping notice came in an hour ago.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:32 pm

The discussion has gone back and forth a LOT regarding DF's pace. One part is there is a window to get orders into their factory partner every year. The KS order is probably their largest and needs the biggest time-span. Factory availability is limited, and factory fungibility is low.

The second? Well its been working for them...
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:15 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:56 pm
I spoke with Stefan and Nate at GenCon; the plan actually was to have the KS 1/2 Caverns and 1/2 Forests, but over time more and more caverns got added (they're artists and go where their inspiration takes them, both for fun ideas and functionality) and the forests got put on the back burner a little. Also, I know Lady Sabelle's shoulder went into fullblown pain mode and her insurance was giving her the run around to see a doctor. She said the 6x6 sculpts were simply too much to handle with her shoulder. Chuck even made her a special "sculpting armrest" to help but in the end, Elye did a lot of Dreadhollow due to the shoulder issue. So between the caverns getting a lot of inspiration and Lady Sabelle trying to find a doctor (curse you, insurance industry!) and that pushing the forests back, that's why Dreadhollow is smaller and a little later in the development schedule, as far as I have been told. I know they started working on the forests around fall last year, so they weren't a last second addition.
The forest is my favorite piece. Its amazing. But I do keep asking myself, "Self, why does DF push the pace so much?" I realize I'm in the minority here, but why not give themselves more time? Nonetheless, I hope shoulders heal and creativity flows.

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

nielsene wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:30 pm
The way I reconcile that in my mind (which has no implied relation to reality :) ), is that if KS6 had launched when initially scheduled perhaps there would only have been 14 encounters. Under my mental model Dreadhallow was added in due to new sculpts happening during that time, which explains why it was a scramble.
I can swing that that logic :shock:

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:11 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm
FL, another thing to consider is if you are thinking of just buying at retail in a year, you may not be guaranteed that what you want will be in stock and how long it will take for a restock. I mean, look at the castle pieces, CBS, KS2 caverns, and KS1 pieces. It's kind of a crapshoot as to when you can get what you want, and with both a price jump from KS pricing to retail, and then maybe having to split your KS6 retail order up in multiple shipments over time due to stocking issues, it just seems like a huge headache. To me, at least.
This is a very good point. I am leaning on a pass this year and THIS is the only reason I return to the page to consider jumping in.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”