Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Biggest dungeon ever

Post by unclebilly » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Law wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm
unclebilly wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm
Cool setup. Who makes the chair and 1/2 round looking table and bookshelf ?
One bookshelf (the free-standing one) is Thomarillion. The squatter bookshelf against a stone wall and floor is Grendel resin, as is the big stone throne and desk.
Thanks I will look for them.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Incredible... i love how the seat of power can be accessed from multiple doors - truly how a ruler would design an audience chamber

amazing how the big columns (in the room leading to Zaltar's throne) can make the full size archway look like a rodent hole

You da man!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

realarete
Ogre
Ogre

Post by realarete » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Great photos as usual Law! Never get tired of scrolling through these ... Honestly if I can manage to buy a Golem Tiers and an Emperors Mega pack Im going to do it, but with how things go in the store here, I won't hold my breath.

I also was wondering about the semi circular dest and large chair. They look so good they had to be resin! Assuming you painted those? Your painting mini rust looks like it has worn off, those minis look great!

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Law wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm
One bookshelf (the free-standing one) is Thomarillion. The squatter bookshelf against a stone wall and floor is Grendel resin, as is the big stone throne and desk.
Thanks. I have some other Grendel pieces, they make some fun pieces.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Great setup, great shots, great minis, great accessories!! I’m tempted to try a Tony the Tiger impression but I think you get the point. It’s great!!

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 am

This is by far my favorite of your builds so far! The accessories really go a long way to creating a sense of real place inside the dungeon. This gives me an increasing sense that what I want is to use Castles or City Builder to create exterior settings, and then when the players go inside a building, move them into a much more expansive DoD layout that couldn't literally fit inside the same space. It may not be realistic, but I think it is a better representation of the emotional layout of narratives -- ie, interiors are relatively smaller spaces but they are places where lots of important stuff happens, so they are emotionally large, whereas exteriors are often about travel and moving between interiors.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am

Love the build, it's full of excellent ideas and innovations in building.

The control room reminds me a bit of the hidden room in Inferno (the 1980 horror film)...watching everything going on in the complex.

Also, it took me a little sleuthing to figure out your dungeon grated floors...nice re-purposing of the CBS grates!!! :)

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Where did the potion bottles come from?

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 am

The clear/green bottles are from either Deep Cuts Unpainted or Nolzurs, both Wizkids minis lines. The solid painted bottles in a few other places (like on top of the desk) are from an old French company whose name escapes me. They did a big tavern dio set and it came with tons of bottles and shelves.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 am

Some of the recent WizKids promo sets for Pathfinder/D&D sets I believe also have a bunch of little fiddly bits which included some potion bottles as well.

The Rusty Dragon inn had a bunch of "liquor bottles" that could be potions.

http://www.pathfinderminis.com/gallery20.htm

The Tomb of Annilhilation promo pack had a bunch of small potion bottles and some scrolls.

http://www.minisgallery.com/dnd/dnd10.htm

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”