Biggest dungeon ever

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Re: Biggest dungeon ever

Post by Archimagus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Law wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 am
The clear/green bottles are from either Deep Cuts Unpainted or Nolzurs, both Wizkids minis lines. The solid painted bottles in a few other places (like on top of the desk) are from an old French company whose name escapes me. They did a big tavern dio set and it came with tons of bottles and shelves.
Thanks, they looked pretty good. Too bad the French company is kaput.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am
Most Castles have a little of a TARDIS feel
If it is a wizard's keep it could have a LOT of Tardis effect going on intentionally as part of the mystery and lore of the keep as well!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am

We like this build a lot - lots of details

Or favourite are the bookends :)
astolat wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 am
This is by far my favorite of your builds so far! The accessories really go a long way to creating a sense of real place inside the dungeon. This gives me an increasing sense that what I want is to use Castles or City Builder to create exterior settings, and then when the players go inside a building, move them into a much more expansive DoD layout that couldn't literally fit inside the same space. It may not be realistic, but I think it is a better representation of the emotional layout of narratives -- ie, interiors are relatively smaller spaces but they are places where lots of important stuff happens, so they are emotionally large, whereas exteriors are often about travel and moving between interiors.
Liking this idea a lot too. Especially for castles, think you can suspend a little reality so the players can have some room in the castle to play in.

Most Castles have a little of a TARDIS feel
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 am

Some of the recent WizKids promo sets for Pathfinder/D&D sets I believe also have a bunch of little fiddly bits which included some potion bottles as well.

The Rusty Dragon inn had a bunch of "liquor bottles" that could be potions.

http://www.pathfinderminis.com/gallery20.htm

The Tomb of Annilhilation promo pack had a bunch of small potion bottles and some scrolls.

http://www.minisgallery.com/dnd/dnd10.htm

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 am

The clear/green bottles are from either Deep Cuts Unpainted or Nolzurs, both Wizkids minis lines. The solid painted bottles in a few other places (like on top of the desk) are from an old French company whose name escapes me. They did a big tavern dio set and it came with tons of bottles and shelves.

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Where did the potion bottles come from?

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am

Love the build, it's full of excellent ideas and innovations in building.

The control room reminds me a bit of the hidden room in Inferno (the 1980 horror film)...watching everything going on in the complex.

Also, it took me a little sleuthing to figure out your dungeon grated floors...nice re-purposing of the CBS grates!!! :)

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 am

This is by far my favorite of your builds so far! The accessories really go a long way to creating a sense of real place inside the dungeon. This gives me an increasing sense that what I want is to use Castles or City Builder to create exterior settings, and then when the players go inside a building, move them into a much more expansive DoD layout that couldn't literally fit inside the same space. It may not be realistic, but I think it is a better representation of the emotional layout of narratives -- ie, interiors are relatively smaller spaces but they are places where lots of important stuff happens, so they are emotionally large, whereas exteriors are often about travel and moving between interiors.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Great setup, great shots, great minis, great accessories!! I’m tempted to try a Tony the Tiger impression but I think you get the point. It’s great!!

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Law wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm
One bookshelf (the free-standing one) is Thomarillion. The squatter bookshelf against a stone wall and floor is Grendel resin, as is the big stone throne and desk.
Thanks. I have some other Grendel pieces, they make some fun pieces.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”