Rampage Dungeon Kickstarter

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
ced1106
Orc
Orc

Re: Rampage Dungeon Kickstarter

Post by ced1106 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:07 am

Marsh ruins is a pretty good combination of ruins and water tiles.

Is it really a dungeon when there's a four-story building??? :D

9 hours to go!

Last edited by ced1106 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Well I do plan to be rather selective with the Rampage stuff I get, and I plan on getting it unpainted so I can make it more closely match the DF dungeons and ruins color palette. Will grab things that have no current dwarvenite version available to buy. Ruins, water tiles to complement the negative space concepts already in place, some of the special walls that have cool features in them, and the Low walls which will come in handy for outdoor settings. Might even be able to paint some floor tiles as "dirt" to provide a free-standing wall look for fortifications. And when it is all said and done, still only drop 1/10 the amount I will probably end up dropping on KS6 here. going take a real slow roll from me on any more KS5 (I got DoD last time), and probably only going to grab a small hit from the boys down under New Zealand way. Some of the ruins and perhaps a small hut.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Man, I keep wrestling with getting in on Rampage Dungeon, there are some interesting pieces for sure. I've got some KS5 re-stocks to pick up, the overwhelmingly enormous Caverns pledge coming and the "I can't pass it up" Hagglethorn Hollow KS as well.

Just too much, something has to give, I just don't know if I can afford to invest in yet another terrain system... 1st world problems overload!

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:14 am

The next unlock after the one shown above has some very different form factors, including a narrow strip of water between two stone edges for connecting ponds or bodies of water together with something only a few feet wide. Very intriguing.

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:58 am

I like the concept of the lock system. Neat to prebuild rooms and have them sitting aside. I really like their secret doors. A lot. If I was to do anything, I would do a custom pledge level, get secret doors, a bunch of water sets and be done.

That being said, way too much DF in my near future right now to diverge to another system. Wife and I are taking the DoD ledges packs and making all our own water from water effects to compensate for our want of rivers, lakes and underground water ways.

Had KS6 PM not be upon us in a week, DoD stocking, Cities stocking, and all this at the same time, Rampage does have some neat things going on.

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:20 am

Water tiles in the later unlocks!

The clip system keeps the tiles together, so it's harder for the water tiles to slip apart and show gaps. The add-on includes ruin floors and walls, so can be used when you just want some ruins!

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:30 pm

I'd have preferred they make more edge pieces for negative space builds, as the tiles don't look nearly as good. Liquids should not be tessellated in a square grid. They have what, the A-ruin and E-ruin floor as the only negative space floor pieces?

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Update: A fairly reachable couple of stretch goals will release some "water tiles" with a nice variety of form factors with respect to edge features along the water. Might be worth looking into.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:50 pm

This one just hit the 48 hour mark and will be finishing Sunday afternoon (EST). They are even threatening to release "water tile" so we shall see.

johnny9k
Goblin
Goblin

Post by johnny9k » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:38 pm

I love the idea of this kickstarter, but I already bought the stls and am printing most of these models. I'm leaning towards more printing and not backing.

I will add that I am growing to really like this style of clipping pieces together. Takes a little work to setup a room, but it is so much easier to hide and reveal on the table. It's also much lighter which helps with storage.

Return to “Gaming Talk”