PM changes

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: PM changes

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:04 am

I will definitely need some forest banks, probably two sets at least. Will have to see costs including shipping and the piece breakdown. Toppers for sure (thinking of going no trees) but not sure of forest terrain tile.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:10 am

With the forest banks, forest terrain tray, stump topper, tree variety pack, and escarpment repackaging, I think most will be reformulating their Dreadhollow pledging! I need to see how it all shakes out to see how much of each pack I will want. Very happy with the terrain tray offerings!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 am

I locked in my pledge.
rather...I Starter Locked In my pledge. I'll work towards Advanced Locking In next week.

by mid-November, I should have Locking In down to an art form.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 am

Liking the forest banks a lot
Think the forest terrain trays will be popular

Need to think more on the bridge, think it will work even if a bit saggy ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 am

I wonder if tiny metal hooks or eyes would work better for the bridge pieces then the magnets.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 am

Tecmage wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm
zenako wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 pm
One concern I have with something like the bridge is making sure they have the right polarity set up on all of them consistently. I know on some of the elevation boxes, the magnets are flipped, which does not matter when all they are matched up with is the screws, but if connecting to another magnet, they need to find some way to ensure they are not flipped.
When I watched the video it sounded like one side would be metal to match with the magnet, not a magnet to magnet connection.
That is the plan, it avoids polarity issues since you should never need to attach a magnet-to-magnet.

It should also allow you to rotate alternating bridge sections 180 degrees, to avoid pattern repeats. Much like the Rampart Crenellations from Castles, where you could alternate them to avoid such obvious pattern repeats on the moss.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 am

Everything looks pretty good there, and the banks will have to make it into my pledge, just not sure how many. They look very useful indeed.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Tecmage
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Tecmage » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm

zenako wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 pm
One concern I have with something like the bridge is making sure they have the right polarity set up on all of them consistently. I know on some of the elevation boxes, the magnets are flipped, which does not matter when all they are matched up with is the screws, but if connecting to another magnet, they need to find some way to ensure they are not flipped.
When I watched the video it sounded like one side would be metal to match with the magnet, not a magnet to magnet connection.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 pm

I believe one time that Nate mentioned that the resin prototypes are heavier than the dwarvenite and as such do not leave as much room to support more weight for the magnets used. With a lighter base material, that gives the magnets more room to also support some minis on the span. One concern I have with something like the bridge is making sure they have the right polarity set up on all of them consistently. I know on some of the elevation boxes, the magnets are flipped, which does not matter when all they are matched up with is the screws, but if connecting to another magnet, they need to find some way to ensure they are not flipped.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Definitely adding some forest banks! But seeing the video gave me some concerns about the bridge. It doesn’t appear very sturdy and I wonder could it even support the weight of a single mini? I use a lot of metal miniatures in my games. Hoping this gets addressed.