My final pledge. What's yours?

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Re: My final pledge. What's yours?

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Go Oldent! Cool looking bridge-to- be!

Well, I just learned the hard way that while you can easily add more purchases to the pledge manager, you can’t go backwards and take stuff off. Whoops a daisy!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:41 pm
Oldent wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 am
1 The the weight of the bridgespan will overcome the friction of the base causing the bridge to sag.
2 I do not think magnets will have enough strength to hold the parts together. The magnets barely hold the fire trap to the walls for example.
Even if the magnets were replaced with eye hooks the bridgespan will be too heavy.Friction and gravity are issues.

Weight could be added to the base. However, if I wanted a log bridge I could build one and have it tomorrow.
As far as we can tell your right, weight is the major issue, there are ways to deal with it but none seem to be simple. Still confident that a solution will be found even if we have to sort it ourselves.

Our reason for getting the bridge is you can break it :)
We love breaking stuff, which is just as well with our ham fisted non opposable thumbed paws.

And I don't think there is anyone on the forums who would not believe you could make a log bridge in an afternoon. Even the Spam bots know it. I used homemade twisted wire rope and hooks. I can make short bridge spans the same way.

In fact it would be helpful if you can put those pesky bots in the glitter dimension of your Tree of wondrous horrors, that would teach the buggers!
:lol:
I misread your post and thought it was a challenge ;)

I started at 450 PM and at this point it is 620PM

.Image

This off topic I will add the how to to my tip thread.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Sardovax
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Sardovax » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:08 pm

I only have a couple of sets from the Dungeons of Doom restock, so I'm looking to fill out my collection with some cavern basics, a couple of those awesome crystals, and a reasonable amount of Dreadhollow, since the forest theme is flexible. I'm really glad they included forest pieces in this kickstarter.

Adventure Essentials 1-3
Universal Pack 4-6
Universal Pack 10-11
Cave of Ruin - Adventure Pack 5
Crystal Cavern - Adventure Pack 13 - Cavern Paint
Crystal Caverns Epic Elements - Cavern Paint
Cave Doors Pack
LED Walls Pack
Dreadhollow - Cave Mouth Pack
Dreadhollow - Light Forest Pack
Dreadhollow - Tree Variety Pack
Cave Doors Pack
The Dwarven Forge
Tiny Treasures Trove

All painted in Cavern.

I tend to run big games (8+ players) which can be a tight squeeze if all your chambers are small. I've found I need to invest extra in floor pieces to get big enough rooms.

A few things are still up in the air. I'm not over-investing in elevation, bridges or dressing pieces. I may change out Universal 4-6 for just some Cave Floors, dial down the Crystals a bit, or change up the Dreadhollow order to fit my budget.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Deluxe Cavern Deep Painted

Extra Ice:
2x Ice Cavern Floors Pack - Painted
2x Cavern Starter - Ice Paint
2x Ice Passages Pack - Painted
1x Ice Trifecta Pack - Painted
2x 12x12 Terrain Tray Ice Sheet/Ice & Rock

Extra Underdoom:
2x Cavern Floors Pack - Underdoom Paint
2x Cavern Starter - Underdoom Paint

Extra Water & Bridges:
2x Natural Bridge - Painted
2x Suspension Bridge Pack - Painted
2x Water Transition Pack - Painted
2x 12x12 Terrain Tray Cave Water/Running Water

Extra Forest
2x Forest Terrain Tray Pack
6x Forest Transition Banks - Painted
1x Bramble Pack - Painted
1x Cave Mouth Pack - Painted
2x Escarpment Pack - Painted
1x Escarpment Corners Pack -Painted
2x Forest Scatter Terrain - Painted
2x Heavy Forest Pack - Painted
5x Large Tree Pack - Painted
2x Light Forest Pack - Painted
5x Small Tree Pack - Painted
5x Stump Toppers Pack - Painted
3x Tree Variety Pack (2x small, 1x large) - Painted

Extra Unpainted Trees for Fall
4x Large Tree Pack - Unpainted
4x Small Tree Pack - Unpainted
3x Tree Variety Pack (2x small, 1x large) - Unpainted

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm

DF magnets often seem too weak. I wish they would use stronger ones. I was initially keen on the suspension bridge, but given the potential issues and the other bridges available in KS4, KS5, and KS6 (natural bridge), I think I may drop it. If it turns out well, I can always pick it up from the store. Eventually.
Oldent wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
DOH!

of course, for some reason we were thinking Natural Bridge, the Suspension Bridge never crossed our minds!

Thanks Glendel :)

Confident DF will sort the sag issue out as Nate has already acknowledged it, we like it because of its collapsibility and we have ideas as to how we can level it out, something as simple as a plastic ruler would do the job.
1 The the weight of the bridgespan will overcome the friction of the base causing the bridge to sag.
2 I do not think magnets will have enough strength to hold the parts together. The magnets barely hold the fire trap to the walls for example.
Even if the magnets were replaced with eye hooks the bridgespan will be too heavy.Friction and gravity are issues.

Weight could be added to the base. However, if I wanted a log bridge I could build one and have it tomorrow.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:33 pm

We would suggest 90% is to hard, but its difficult without having any DH trees to hand.
Lady S, we think, may have suggested that 50% gives decent coverage without making the tiles almost unplayable due to tree density and subsequent tree fiddling (is that a thing?).

We decide somewhere around 50 to 60% tree coverage for our pledge, but may bump for a few more trees before the PM closes, we will see how our insecurities feel.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Tenbears
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tenbears » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Adventure Essentials 1-11 - Unpainted x1
Encounter 15 - Dreadhollow Forest - Unpainted x1 $610.00 $610.00
Heavy Forest Pack - Painted x1 $77.00 $77.00
Heavy Forest Pack - Unpainted x2 $51.00 $102.00
Light Forest Pack - Unpainted x5 $65.00 $325.00
Tree Variety Pack (2x small, 1x large) - Unpainted x9 $66.00 $594.00
Large Tree Pack - Unpainted x2 $50.00 $100.00
Small Tree Pack - Painted x1 $89.00 $89.00
Forest Transition Banks - Painted x1 $49.00 $49.00
Forest Transition Banks - Unpainted x5 $35.00 $175.00
Forest Scatter Terrain - Unpainted x4 $22.00 $88.00
Escarpment Pack - Unpainted x2 $62.00 $124.00
Escarpment Corners Pack - Unpainted x2 $18.00 $36.00
Cavern Starter - Painted x1 $74.00 $74.00
Cavern Floors Pack - Painted x1 $51.00 $51.00
Cavern Floors Pack - Unpainted x1 $32.00 $32.00
Cave Cliff Pack - Unpainted x2 $34.00 $68.00
Stilt Pack - Unpainted x2 $12.00 $24.00
Natural Bridge - Unpainted x1 $27.00 $27.00
Water Transition Pack - Painted x2 $13.00 $26.00
Driftstone Pack - Unpainted x1 $32.00 $32.00
Cave Water Multi Pack Terrain Trays x2 $54.00 $108.00
Quicksand Multi-Pack Terrain Trays x2 $54.00 $108.00
Stalagmite Pack - Unpainted x2 $28.00 $56.00
Cavern Starter - Unpainted x3 $48.00 $144.00
Stone Banks Packs - Unpainted x2 $25.00 $50.00

Thoughts:

General
As you probably noticed there are a few 'painted' sets sprinkled in this pledge. I am getting these sets purely as samples for my own painting.

Dreadhollow
I went hard after the forest sets with I'm guessing 90% coverage for ability to place a tree on every stump - maybe TOO hard. That said I could probably cut back a few tree packs? as I am unsure of how many scatter terrain trees that I realistically will be using at the same time as the tree tiles. Thoughts welcome here.

Caverns
I'll end up buying two or three KS2 Caverns from the store (I have zero caverns right now) to go with the cavern selections above. I really like the elevation pieces and am seeing some nice cross pollination with my Erinthor sets and tree sets!

TB

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Oldent wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:

As far as we can tell your right, weight is the major issue, there are ways to deal with it but none seem to be simple. Still confident that a solution will be found even if we have to sort it ourselves.

Our reason for getting the bridge is you can break it :)
We love breaking stuff, which is just as well with our ham fisted non opposable thumbed paws.

And I don't think there is anyone on the forums who would not believe you could make a log bridge in an afternoon. Even the Spam bots know it.

In fact it would be helpful if you can put those pesky bots in the glitter dimension of your Tree of wondrous horrors, that would teach the buggers!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Morgrim66
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Morgrim66 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 pm

1x Adventure Essentials 1-11 - Painted
Encounter 13 - Crystal Cavern - Painted (Underdoom Colors)
Encounter 15 - Dreadhollow Forest - Painted
Forest Transition Banks - Painted
Light Forest Pack - Painted
Large Tree Pack - Painted
Forest Scatter Terrain - Painted
Escarpment Pack - Painted

I really wanted everything, I just can't afford any more. To be honest, with this I have spent over $5k on DF stuff in the last two years and I need to curtail my addiction a bit :). I have kids who will need to pay for college soon.
"...and that's why it says, 'I taste terrible' on my shield in draconic."

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
DOH!

of course, for some reason we were thinking Natural Bridge, the Suspension Bridge never crossed our minds!

Thanks Glendel :)

Confident DF will sort the sag issue out as Nate has already acknowledged it, we like it because of its collapsibility and we have ideas as to how we can level it out, something as simple as a plastic ruler would do the job.

OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!