Gen-Con promo Anvils?

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Gen-Con promo Anvils?

Post by LordDust » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:12 am

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 am
LordDust wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 am
I spend a bit more time at the booth than I probably should, but I talk up the forums and give people reasons why they should get some DF if they're fence sitting. I like to think I'm worth the trouble! A few folks did say they were planning to make accounts and look into getting some DF, hopefully some of them message me at some point to say hi.
It was wonderful to have you and your family at the booth. You children are adorable!
I'm glad you enjoyed our company! We had a good time hanging out (both at the booth and at the lunch).

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 am

LordDust wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 am
nielsene wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm
I wish I could have spent more time at the booth (as it was I spent a lot, just admiring all the new scuplts). It would have been great to have been able to attend the lunch meetup, or play/watch any of the games, but I was GMing a lot of the time. Next year hopefully my schedule will fit better. Of course I always felt a little guilty taking up the people's time at the booth -- I'm already a backer and long term customer, its not like they need to win my business.
I spend a bit more time at the booth than I probably should, but I talk up the forums and give people reasons why they should get some DF if they're fence sitting. I like to think I'm worth the trouble! A few folks did say they were planning to make accounts and look into getting some DF, hopefully some of them message me at some point to say hi.
It was wonderful to have you and your family at the booth. You children are adorable!
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 am

nielsene wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm
I wish I could have spent more time at the booth (as it was I spent a lot, just admiring all the new scuplts). It would have been great to have been able to attend the lunch meetup, or play/watch any of the games, but I was GMing a lot of the time. Next year hopefully my schedule will fit better. Of course I always felt a little guilty taking up the people's time at the booth -- I'm already a backer and long term customer, its not like they need to win my business.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:10 pm

I was there last year, and talked just a bit and bought a couple purchases of by-the-pound. It was good but I was there teh day before the meetup. i did miss finding the DF game, which I regret a bit.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:05 pm

We recall the mention of the booth freebie as it was another reason to lament not being able to go :(

But we did not see it as a complaint more a confirmation of getting old and forgetting stuff ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 am
nielsene wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am
I think it was also the first GenCon that had a KS overlapping it? That seemed to be the reason for the promo.
This was the first year of people running Gen Con who were not the usual people running it. Me, Nate, and Selina did our best. We did a ton of things DF has never done before including games in the booth. We will keep trying new things and improving where we can. We did not say what specifically we would be giving out, just that people should stop by early for limited quantity surprises. We weren't sure how much we would have so we didn't want to promise anything specific. Tobi cast about 50 anvils, they were very rough casts (bubbles, bad seams, not level). It is the exact same sculpt as the one in the Covert Warcamp and the Dwarven Forge Pack.
And it was AMAZING, thank you! I'm glad the one I made it to was this year's GenCon. The game was fun, the lunch was good, the promo was appreciated, the CD prototypes were great, and all of you were a delight to meet and speak with. You turned it up to 11. Thank you again.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 am

nielsene wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am
I think it was also the first GenCon that had a KS overlapping it? That seemed to be the reason for the promo.
This was the first year of people running Gen Con who were not the usual people running it. Me, Nate, and Selina did our best. We did a ton of things DF has never done before including games in the booth. We will keep trying new things and improving where we can. We did not say what specifically we would be giving out, just that people should stop by early for limited quantity surprises. We weren't sure how much we would have so we didn't want to promise anything specific. Tobi cast about 50 anvils, they were very rough casts (bubbles, bad seams, not level). It is the exact same sculpt as the one in the Covert Warcamp and the Dwarven Forge Pack.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:19 pm

William wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:56 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 pm
Someone send me a picture (dfwikia@gmail.com) or post them here! I will try to grab the ones from eBay... it would be nice to have a photo of every color... or at least a list of all the colors.

Neeeeed to get back to the wiki and finish the DoD and start adding CD... not to mention IO's build photos... I recently took a bunch of close up photos of the pieces from many of the early dungeon bow-tie sets... and a plethora of other data that I have gathered... perhaps real life will slow down after Thanksgiving (please!!!) and I can get this stuff up.
Pic is on first page post #7. ;)
viewtopic.php?p=149215#p149215
:oops: Thanks!

Any other colors?

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”