DOD March 2019 Restock Question

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DOD March 2019 Restock Question

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm

They are doing a Dungeon of Doom playthrough to celebrate the restock on 3/18 so I'd assume it's within a week?
102 Resin and 210 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Any news on restock date? Is it just soon?

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:55 am

Good to know. I can save my pennies for KS7 instead.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Good news is that I got a very prompt reply from DF (thank you Chuck!).

Bad news is that there is no more Jade coming. I didn't specifically ask about Marble, but it is probably safe to assume that Marble is also done for since it too was listed as "Limited Edition".

Now I have to decide if I have enough Jade to use as a special room / bling or if I got too little for it to be useful. And if it's the latter case, I need to decide whether to try to track down some more Jade via secondary market or sell off my Jade.

Anyone got a line on a few Jade Antechamber sets? ;)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:03 pm

I sent an email to webmaster@dwarvenforge.com and will let you know what I learn. :)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:24 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm
There were several different Jade and Marble sets that initially showed up in the store after the KS sets were shipped. I sent a message inquiring about the Jade Shrine set availability and never heard back however it showed up as available again in the store (several months ago) so it was a moot point. I was able to acquire my set that way.

Since all of the Jade and Marble SKU's are now gone from the store, I would expect that they are done with the limited edition. However, it never hurts to send an inquiry and as we have seen with some of the resin sets, things have a way of showing up from time to time in the store.
That would be a bummer since some of the sets never hit the store in the first place (Jade Antechamber was the one I was hoping for). If it's the case that the Anetchamber wasn't and will not be stocked, a heads up would have been nice since I would have likely picked up a full Jade Shrine of Sysuul instead.

Ah, trials and tribulations of DF collecting. ;)

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm

There were several different Jade and Marble sets that initially showed up in the store after the KS sets were shipped. I sent a message inquiring about the Jade Shrine set availability and never heard back however it showed up as available again in the store (several months ago) so it was a moot point. I was able to acquire my set that way.

Since all of the Jade and Marble SKU's are now gone from the store, I would expect that they are done with the limited edition. However, it never hurts to send an inquiry and as we have seen with some of the resin sets, things have a way of showing up from time to time in the store.
"Initial success or total failure"

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 am

I also recall statements that there would be some jade and marble listed in the store from the original production run. Considering that we've only seen a few SKUs of each so far, I remain hopeful that we'll see a single solid restock of each SKU before they go fully out of stock.

Of course this may just be the wishful thinking of someone who's been patiently holding out for a few jade room packs...

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:45 am

I would hope that any jade pieces they have available will be offered in the web store, and not just to people who send an email at the right time. Others have been patiently waiting and checking the store front, or waiting for a newsletter announcing the arrival of new stock. For those people to be pre-empted by an email doesn't seem like a fair way of distributing limited stock.

Should I be sending emails now? Every month in case suddenly pieces that were previously set aside become available? Please don't run things this way. If stock becomes available, let everyone know in advance before posting it to the store front (along with the time it will be posted), and then everyone interested can hit the server at the same time and who gets it becomes effectively random.

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:56 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:50 am
Be sure to send an email to DF There might be some more pieces sitting in storage.

I also believe they will not be commonly available again.
This always the best way to proceed. Send an email and ask what they might have.