Feedback - KS6 Module & Live Play

realarete
Orc
Orc

Re: Feedback - KS6 Module & Live Play

Post by realarete » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:44 am

fnordfriendly wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 am
Edit - I would love the modules in hardcover. I really enjoy browsing modules for ideas even if I don't play them. Also, I predict that a physical product would be more attractive to this crowd, due to our tactile nature.
This is exactly my thought as well. I enjoying flipping through and reading modules, I don't use the actual adventures but incorporate ideas from them. Hard cover, spiral bound, aged leather all better than a pdf .... sign me up.

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:26 pm
Most of us don't have a full DoD or Caverns Deep. Please try to make the module as plug-and-play as possible so DMs can easily slide a room or two into their campaign and not have it lose its charm. For many of us, just a few rooms of a Kickstarter is all we own so the entire module loses its value unless you can actually utilize it with the terrain. ...
This. Especially for Caverns Deep. The DoD mod was incredibly creative and had some inspiring ideas, so the design team is obviously solid, and I would love to see more of their work. Not to mention that it was a beautiful production. You should, however, take into account that practically no one will have the full Caverns Deep pledge and write the module accordingly.

Edit - I would love the modules in hardcover. I really enjoy browsing modules for ideas even if I don't play them. Also, I predict that a physical product would be more attractive to this crowd, due to our tactile nature.

andykimbrough

Post by andykimbrough » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:24 pm

1) Did you download the DoD module?
Yes

2) Did you play the DoD module?
It looks amazing. I missed kv5 so I've been busy buying from the restock so we can play it

3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module?
I can safely say my game will love it

4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module?

Yes

5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module?

Yes

6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod?

Yes!

7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7?

Yes!

8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7?

I'd pay as much as 15 for the pdf

9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules?

Yes, I'd pay as much as 40 for the hard cover

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:28 am

QUESTIONS:
1) Did you download the DoD module? yes
2) Did you play the DoD module? yes - I ran 1-6 at a convention in Saint John and 7-15 at a convention in Fredericton.
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? absolutely - as did the players.
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? yes - at least for section 1-6 and more if I can acquire them once they go on sale.
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? yes please.
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? yes - its a wonderful way to bring the set to life.
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? easily. and twice that if necessary.
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? I would. DoD was spectacular.

Finally, we made an actual play video for the first 3 Encounters of DoD, which is here. It was relatively easy to produce (compared to the module). Is that sort of content something that's worth doing for Caverns Deep?

Yes - I think having a published module of some sort along with a set of play videos is a great way to promote the enterprise to potential customers.

QUESTIONS:
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? not yet. I may cherry pick some of the videos withthe best encounters to see how they are handled.

11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? sorry - not my thing. I read the mod and ran it. I know how the story went. I do think videos are important for the audience that views them.

12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? yes - I think videos are a great way for people to participate vicariously and they help to sell the 3d Scenery concept.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria
301 Dwarvenite/132 Resin

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:42 am

Another note I would like to note, that the module is also geared towards those who go in big. Not necessarily all in, but big enough to legitimately make the 15ish encounter maps. Or an approximation at least.

Maybe you could do an unconnected series of encounters with each encounter map. That would give you a bit mroe freedom to do something really cool with each map.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks for the candid feedback. This is very helpful.

Keep it coming!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:28 am

QUESTIONS:

1) Did you download the DoD module? Yes
2) Did you play the DoD module? No
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? N/A
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? Sure why not
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? No
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? Not really
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? If free
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? No (I don't play anymore, just set up)
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Not really

QUESTIONS:

10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? No (not unlimited internet)
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? No
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Not really

FYI - I do not prefer the "Encounter" system.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

John Warlock of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Post by John Warlock of Sysuul » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:16 am

* 1) Yes
* 2) Not yet
* 3) TBD
* 4) Yes
* 5) Yes
* 6) TBD
* 7) Yes
* 8) No
* 9) Yes (if under $50)
QUESTIONS:
* 10) Yes
* 11) Yes
* 12) Really wanted to see the first group that you ran finish the entire module, if you had time.

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 pm

QUESTIONS:
1) Did you download the DoD module? yes
2) Did you play the DoD module? not yet, but I think I will at some point
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? Yes, I have referenced monster/item stats in my campaigns
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? yes
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? Sure
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Yes, but distant to good terrain
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? No - don't like PDF for modules
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Yes - I like PDF files only as reference, but would like a hardcover of adventrue so I don't have to print the pages myself

10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? No, but might at some point
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Not yet, but might
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Wouldn't hurt my feelings, but prefer playing versus watching play

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:23 pm

This is don't really have a carrot in this garden and as we are not really DF's target audience we don't feel our feedback on the DoD DnD module is relevant.

We do however thinks its cool that adventures featuring the uniqueness of DF terrain is provided, though as AnimeSensei points out something more modular and portable into bespoke adventures makes a lot of sense to us.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”