Burrows

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Burrows

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:22 am

Talistran wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm
At least during the Kickstarter, the whole burrow colony was not significantly cheaper than mix and match. You saved something like $30 in value. But $30 is $30 :)

I am also a fan of the burrows as more open space than long, winding tunnels; but I like using long tunnels to set the mood as well, so I think the colony is a good mix.

Something to think about though is that you can't currently buy the painted or unpainted chambers, they are out of stock. But you can buy the painted or unpainted colony.
Thanks, I gonna start slowly building up. :)

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:20 am

astolat wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:56 pm
I made a post a while back with my paint scheme that shows a build with one each of tunnels, chambers, elevation, and accessories:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9820

The elevation adds a lot to the fun but tunnels and chambers alone will absolutely give you a decent playable area IMO!
Sweet! Thank you! Outstanding paintjob too! :) I gonna get back to this if I feel like touching up a bit here and there!

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:18 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:39 pm
Found my old pledge planner spreadsheet... Looks like roughly two each of tunnels, chambers, and elevation packs will give you the vast majority of the construction pieces of a colony. Adding an accessory pack should fill in most of the bling. At that point the cost is pretty much even. Each of those configurations has a few extra pieces the other is missing as they did not make the large encounters from smaller sets (colony includes two Khri).

Based on your description, you might consider getting a chambers set (two if budget will allow), and an elevation pack.. that would give you some nice encounter space with a bit of elevation. Personally, I like the aesthetics of the tunnels and would add a pack of those, but they certainly are not required. Don't forget the holes in the chamber floors can be left open as passages to rooms/tunnels below! :-)

I purchased a colony plus an elevation pack, a stilts pack, and an accessory pack (a colony pack has five ramps and three supports). I will be getting mine out to play with some test layouts soon. I need to decide if I *want* anything else. At this point, having only done a build at unpacking, I am leaning toward adding a chambers set and whatever else I don't already have that is needed to support it as an upper level.

<edit: I added the stilts pack and mentioned the khri miniatures>
Thanks vegomatic! This gave a good idea on how to start! :)

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:56 pm

I made a post a while back with my paint scheme that shows a build with one each of tunnels, chambers, elevation, and accessories:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9820

The elevation adds a lot to the fun but tunnels and chambers alone will absolutely give you a decent playable area IMO!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Hey if you have a thick enough layer of paint, all details are lost.....

I got zero burrows and have not been very interested in them, but if i got some it would be the chambers. Putting them in between or next to worked rooms would look good I think.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:30 pm

JalanDa wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 am
i'd love to see a lava tube style repaint of the burrows...
You'd be hard pressed to get past the roots and bits of tree in the burrows to make it actually look like lava, IMO.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

JalanDa
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JalanDa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 am

i'd love to see a lava tube style repaint of the burrows...

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:39 pm

Found my old pledge planner spreadsheet... Looks like roughly two each of tunnels, chambers, and elevation packs will give you the vast majority of the construction pieces of a colony. Adding an accessory pack should fill in most of the bling. At that point the cost is pretty much even. Each of those configurations has a few extra pieces the other is missing as they did not make the large encounters from smaller sets (colony includes two Khri).

Based on your description, you might consider getting a chambers set (two if budget will allow), and an elevation pack.. that would give you some nice encounter space with a bit of elevation. Personally, I like the aesthetics of the tunnels and would add a pack of those, but they certainly are not required. Don't forget the holes in the chamber floors can be left open as passages to rooms/tunnels below! :-)

I purchased a colony plus an elevation pack, a stilts pack, and an accessory pack (a colony pack has five ramps and three supports). I will be getting mine out to play with some test layouts soon. I need to decide if I *want* anything else. At this point, having only done a build at unpacking, I am leaning toward adding a chambers set and whatever else I don't already have that is needed to support it as an upper level.

<edit: I added the stilts pack and mentioned the khri miniatures>

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm

At least during the Kickstarter, the whole burrow colony was not significantly cheaper than mix and match. You saved something like $30 in value. But $30 is $30 :)

I am also a fan of the burrows as more open space than long, winding tunnels; but I like using long tunnels to set the mood as well, so I think the colony is a good mix.

Something to think about though is that you can't currently buy the painted or unpainted chambers, they are out of stock. But you can buy the painted or unpainted colony.

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm

pacarat wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:02 pm
I would look at two chamber sets... (what I ordered from last KS) but I was interested in more open areas as opposed to just long tunnels.

With a chamber tile you have the option of closing off several of the exits to in effect make a tunnel/passage.
Ah good point...havent thought about it like this yet. I guess I gonna get more eventually anyway bit by bit....

I was also wondering if the whole colony is actually a lot cheaper than buying individual add on packs or if its similar in the end... havent figured that one out yet....

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”