Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by nielsene » Mon May 27, 2019 4:41 pm

So for the pre-sale at gen con, is there any chance of pre-order/reservation?

LorriZ
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LorriZ » Sun May 26, 2019 8:41 pm

I am excited about the Pathfinder sets, but we will be playing with 3.75. I am not a huge fan of Pathfinder 2 (mostly because it has some mechanics that resemble 5.0, which I am also not fond of. Now, if we were to switch away from Pathfinder, I would probably take the leap and go to my favorite newer system...the Conan RPG from Modiphius. The combat mechanics in that game are super-fun, though some of my players would find the character generation a little confusing.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 pm

E6 is definitely a good idea for 3.5. Keeps hit points and survivability down, but allows for a lot of options. Never played it, but wanted to.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun May 26, 2019 9:40 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:31 am
That is a bummer. Apparently Nate got to them.
The beanslayer is real.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:30 am

zenako wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm
In my current 3.5 game, I just preselected and limited which books applied and which classes and prestige classes were even available so that the character mix would be well suited to the campaign I was going to run. Wrote up a whole separate character creation document that outlined exactly what they could use. That has severely limited the abuse potential, which can become severe when all the source books are in play.

It is VERY unlikely our gaming group will ever move away from 3.5 at this point, just too much invested in materials and knowledge and we are all STEM geeks so the math and complexity is right up our collective ally. Tends to be more roll play than role play in our campaigns, but we do get some folks taking on their characters as more than a stat sheet at times, or at least we try.
We moved on from 3.5 tp Pathfinder and then to DCCRPG and then to 5e. Over many years of course. But I have always wanted to try E6 in a 3.5 game. Have you played that variant? Here’s a link with the pdf of the rules if you are not familiar with it. It may be something your group would enjoy.

http://esix.pbworks.com/w/page/9900109/FrontPage
The pdf is just titled E6.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 26, 2019 4:31 am

That is a bummer. Apparently Nate got to them.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun May 26, 2019 2:58 am

Sad, no details at all at the Paizo Banquet, other than 'working with our friends at Dwarven Forge on a set for a full dungeon" which we already knew. I was really, really hoping they saw/show something more.

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 pm
Yeah, I tried limiting the number of books and got pushback as for some people the fun is in finding odd combos (but not going bonko with them). I try to be a GM that is there for my players' fun more than my own, so if they as a group want something and I don't, I typically let them win and I go with it. We haven't had anyone really broken yet as the group is more character driven than focusing on stats.
This is definitely a very good approach too. The point is for everyone to have fun. I might create a world for instance wherein I don't really have a place for say tieflings, but if a player really wants to play one, then I put the onus on her to explain where her character came from. I think oddball combos are one thing, but making a character that breaks the game with said oddball combo is another. I do think its fair for a GM to veto a character combo if it is breaking the game. Fortunately though, I've always been pretty lucky in that regard as my players have either all gone pretty high powered (easy enough to work with) or all keep at about the same power level.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Yeah, I tried limiting the number of books and got pushback as for some people the fun is in finding odd combos (but not going bonko with them). I try to be a GM that is there for my players' fun more than my own, so if they as a group want something and I don't, I typically let them win and I go with it. We haven't had anyone really broken yet as the group is more character driven than focusing on stats.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm

In my current 3.5 game, I just preselected and limited which books applied and which classes and prestige classes were even available so that the character mix would be well suited to the campaign I was going to run. Wrote up a whole separate character creation document that outlined exactly what they could use. That has severely limited the abuse potential, which can become severe when all the source books are in play.

It is VERY unlikely our gaming group will ever move away from 3.5 at this point, just too much invested in materials and knowledge and we are all STEM geeks so the math and complexity is right up our collective ally. Tends to be more roll play than role play in our campaigns, but we do get some folks taking on their characters as more than a stat sheet at times, or at least we try.

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”