Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Kickstarter 6.66

Post by William » Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Law wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am
Whelp, I was wrong about them not offering an underlighting system.

From the Greetings thread:
Please note that any answers I give might be subject to change as we get final pricing and try to balance affordability with coolness. Right now the plan is to cast the pieces in a translucent material, and to sell light panels to put underneath. The paint on the lava parts is also translucent.
Some of the paint on the KS6 Underdoom is UV.
I eagerly await more details. :)
Pardon me -- where is this "Greeting" thread of which you speak? I seem to be having the dumb today.
Look here. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am

Please note that any answers I give might be subject to change as we get final pricing and try to balance affordability with coolness. Right now the plan is to cast the pieces in a translucent material, and to sell light panels to put underneath. The paint on the lava parts is also translucent.
Pardon me -- where is this "Greeting" thread of which you speak? I seem to be having the dumb today.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue May 21, 2019 5:22 pm

:lol: Light boxes 8-)

I have several old light boxes for viewing slides. I have one from the 70s with a 60 watt light bulb.I has to be large because of the heat. LEDs are cool so it would not be difficult to make a small enough light box to be very useful.

I am eager to see the details :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

RisingSeraph
Goblin
Goblin

Post by RisingSeraph » Tue May 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Interesting. I'm wondering if the "light panels" themselves will be made of some kind of clear dwarvenite or just be a clear thin resin of some sort, hoping they're not too fragile.

There is a lot of potential as well for future things / KS7 like illuminated pools / clear tiles with varying paint colors.

Szath01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Szath01 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Yikes. Liking clear casting. Hating the idea of “light panels”. I get how they probably can’t get that deep glow look without them, but from a storage, setup and utility viewpoint they seem like they would be so limited use.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 21, 2019 7:56 am

I agree the lava "tray" is something else, and lava printed on clear acrylic or a film is not too hard to do.

There might just possibly be one tiny out of the way shop capable of doing it somewhere in the rural backwater called New York.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Tue May 21, 2019 6:57 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:43 am

The terrain tray looks like the lava tray image printed sheets of acrylic as zenako said - agree its definately not a normal terrain tray.
Sneaky Dwarves, and sharp-eyed Rabbits!

Hey that could be a Kickstarter right there! :D

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 21, 2019 3:43 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:40 pm
For the bunnies and those who eat too many carrots, how do you explain the glowing lava tray then? It doesn't seem like UV lighting to me; it seems like a light underneath it. And if it were a normal terrain tray, it would have metal inside and wouldn't light up. Something is amiss.
errr......
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:27 am
Looks backlit to us, light along the Lava river is too consistent to be a few leds. Tha backlit (or underlighting) also exaggerates the gaps between tiles. Pretty sure you underlight almost any DF build you will start to see gaps.

When we said backlit we meant underlight (basically lit from behind or in this case below) - apologies for any confusion :)

The terrain tray looks like the lava tray image printed sheets of acrylic as zenako said - agree its definately not a normal terrain tray.

on a slight side note: Did they offer an acrylic cover for terrain trays to make they more shiney ? They did that at GenCon?
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

John Warlock of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Post by John Warlock of Sysuul » Tue May 21, 2019 2:44 am

Most important thing to me is if my KS2 Lava Cavern Packs will look good with Hellscape. A side by side picture and video like they did with Ice Catacombs will help me make a better informed decision. I do like what I have seen, the new lava flow looks great. But I don’t need two types of lava caverns that aren’t compatible.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”