Orc
Orc

Re: Ruins, cont.

Post by realarete » Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm

Riley wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 pm
jazzman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:48 pm
Did anyone else hear "red warrior is about to die" and "blue valkyrie your life force is running low" when looking at that build with all the minis?
Yes, I certainly did.

I tried to write a post to that effect, but it sounded more snarky than I intended, so I didn’t post it.

“Red Wizard shot the food!” :)
I legit lol'ed here ... as I too deleted a post that seemed as though it had a snarky vibe to it, but all I really wanted to convey was the resemblance to classic Gauntlet and how awesome that is ... :D

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed May 29, 2019 8:07 pm

jazzman wrote:
Did anyone else hear "red warrior is about to die" and "blue valkyrie your life force is running low" when looking at that build with all the minis?
Yes, I certainly did.

I tried to write a post to that effect, but it sounded more snarky than I intended, so I didn’t post it.

“Red Wizard shot the food!” :)

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 am

Now I'm convinced that ruins add pazazz to ANY build. Common' DF, let's see what you got! :)

GriffinMace
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GriffinMace » Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:04 am
The Necromancer attached to that orc brigade had been very very busy creating his new troops in the old mountain complex. There were lots of source material from the nearby battles. I have a lot of undead minis...
this looks like a fire hazard

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 am

Well, the actual fight against all those undead was not that dramatic, they managed to off the Necro before he could give new commands to his stored minions other than defend yourself. Since some of the Orcs had reasons to come into the complex, the had to be attacked in some way to trigger the defend yourself order. The players were able to gradually awaken smaller clumps and deal with them without too much risk.

(In my current campaign, I am using the Milestone Exp scheme where it is more campaign goals that are reached that matter, and not how many of monster X that you kill/destroy that dictates experience and leveling up. Made it easy for me to just stuff those rooms to support the story and not worry about "cheap experience" so to speak.)

Now the 100 or so orcs and half dozen Ogres in the ruins outside, that was another story for the team to battle. I have got to remember to keep the camera handy and take some intermediate shots in the future.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 am

Layers tend not to play a big part on wargamming but we are sure you could come up with a narrative.

Great pictures zenako :)

Those troop concentrations gave us Gauntlet flashbacks .........ahhhh happy days.........
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Tue May 14, 2019 1:52 am

jazzman wrote:
"Elf needs food, badly!"

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 am

Here are a few pictures of our use of KS3 and 4 ruins :)

Now you get ruins

Some Castle ruins

Now that's what I'm talking about! Were those castle ruins in a previous DF Kickstarter? Really, I'd be happy with a smidgen of this and a smidgen of that. A few broken walls, some broken corners, a window space, a broken rounded tower, and lots and lots of piles of rubble. That was one thing that was seriously missing from the CD campaign- where are my hazards? my rock slides? my cave-ins?
Zanako- also very nice builds. I also don't have the space for layers, but what a great concept.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Mon May 13, 2019 9:48 pm

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Can't remember if I posted this, but I'd really like to see ruined streets! (More precisely, alleys and sidewalks)

Beyond that small addition, I'm not sure if I'm all that interested in seeing more ruins that fit in with existing sets. Maybe small tower ruins since I have a count's castle. I think an entire ruins kickstarter could be really cool, but I think it would more interesting if it was its own architectural style. e.g. I'd prefer the ruins of an ancient lost civilization, as opposed to just damaged buildings or dungeons.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”