New Castle Builds in Webstore

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Castle Builds in Webstore

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 30, 2019 7:16 am

dunno I have heard nothing about it, just saw the blurb.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu May 30, 2019 7:08 am

MBCE wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:46 pm
The bit about how the sets will include a replacement set for miscolored pieces is interesting. Any clarification from DF? I guess that was why the sets did not come out in December of 2018. I wonder how many bonus pieces that will mean for each set?
I missed this part. Where was this mentioned?
Is this color difference only in the paint scheme or the cast dwarvenite material?color?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 30, 2019 4:28 am

One of the biggest problems with the Castle builder system was the amount of very specific sculpts required, this makes reconfiguring builds hard. As unless you know exactly what you want to build before hand you wont know what you need untoil you realise you doint have it.

In KS4 we knew the build we wanted and acheived, but reconfiguring into alternative builds is always a challenge, fortunately we have not been stymied too much, but we did go deep during the KS.

Like MBCE says until you get them in your paws its difficult to see the alternative builds, but with the new 'Construct-a-Castle' sets its easy to see what you can do out of the box. For alternative style builds you need to work out what it is and what parts you need ontop of what is provided.

Building freehand/off-the-cuff can be a blast though and Wall spacers and cube spacers can cover up a multitude of deficiencies - ooh look what I built :)

Our take on the prices are in agreement with MBCE :)

Agree on CBS (single sided) crenellations being more useful that the Castle ones (doublesided) unless you see some of Laws early castle builds and you see that they are a must for bridges/flying walkways!

What DF have done is make it really easy to build a simple castle not too dissimilar to what other castle providers do. But with DF you have the option to reconfigure and if you got CBS they your reconfiguration options go ballistic. The Necromancers keep (which is a beast) shows how you can use CBS stone sculpts - other Castle providers do not give you that option.

Also worth remembering that double height and or double thick walls are still options if you combine some of these sets, again other Castle providers do not give you that option.

If we didn't already have our Castles then these would have us salivating all the way to checkout and beyond. As it is we are just salivating .......
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Thu May 30, 2019 2:35 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 am
I keep wondering if DF will make a inside corner castle wall kit in the future.
This right here. A kit to build various styles of castle corners would be great. Breaking up the parts even if possible would help me out a lot. I want castle corner wall spacers. So I can use my extra cut out corner walls with my normal corner walls in a build.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 am

I keep wondering if DF will make a inside corner castle wall kit in the future.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Thu May 30, 2019 12:42 am

I believe the crenellations were the wrong color and they had to get replacements before listing the sets, hence the delay from December to now for the new castle sets.

The new sets are still the bad ones but you are getting the replacement set of pieces with your order.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed May 29, 2019 11:25 pm

Yup, we shall see what shows up with my order. I grabbed A Postern Gate and an Artillery Post (and some more Balcony's) to check things out and get another square gate entrance. I was surprised when those replacement entries for no charge were showing up in the shopping cart.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed May 29, 2019 10:46 pm

MBCE wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 pm
dice4hire wrote:
The bit about how the sets will include a replacement set for miscolored pieces is interesting. Any clarification from DF? I guess that was why the sets did not come out in December of 2018. I wonder how many bonus pieces that will mean for each set?
I had to click through twice to get there as it's on the list of construct-a-castle options (intro paragraph at the top of the page). I tested it out with a corner tower and it did indeed add a free "replacement corner tower set" to the cart, but with no indication of what's inside it.

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... le-painted

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 pm

dice4hire wrote:

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Wed May 29, 2019 10:04 pm

William wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Great new sets for sale, if you want the whole "Castle" shebang. Wonder if they might break down some of these larger sets into smaller sub-sets in the future. They could break out the 3 or 4 Castle Corner's (or a few other sets) Wall Parts into a smaller pack to then add to the (new/future) smaller corner sets (or not if desired). But then, some thought would be required by the buyer at purchase ;).
The only pack right now, I would want is the Barbican Gatehouse. Then again, just the bridge and gate without the rest would be a nice set. I'm trying to KEEP it small, so that B. Gatehouse is a bit overkill for my modest plan. :?
I would love if they offered some of the sections of these builds for sale. Some of the pieces in them are ones that I could use to fill in some holes in my castle collection. What I was really hoping for was a set of corner wall spacers. There is no way to get them other than buying corner wall sets. Which makes the Necromancer's Keep so interesting. You get 8 corner wall spacers, 8 inside corner walls, 4 normal corner walls, and 4 Cutout corner walls in there. If I didn't have all the cutouts I needed, this is a great way to get the right balance of corner wall spacers to corners.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”