New Castle Builds in Webstore

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Castle Builds in Webstore

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:42 am

Make a list and show it here? You might find takers. Dunno if Animesensei would be interested in a whole dwarvenite collection like he sells resin.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 am

Anyone who sees unpainted Castle for sale, let me know. I"m trying to sell mine to buy painted. I would appreciate it.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS7
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:36 am
With our apparant "whale castle" (have you seen Sorns!?) we are not in the market for any CaC sets so just cannot be tailed to work out the price comaprisons against buying the parts seperately.

We do like what they have done and the sets allow an easy castle to be fully built with the buyers choice of Corner towers, gates and inline towers.

Yah, Sorn's is bigger...but not a whole lot...and he's a Blue Whale!
You did purty good for a Rabbit clan, sir. And a beautiful build.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 am

That is very true. If I had no castles I would be quite interested in their current offerings. I hope they sell well indeed.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:38 am

While I myself am not in the market for castle stuff, I think it is important to look at the Construct-A-Castle line from the new guy perspective.

If I were a new guy to DF and into castles I could buy a Postern Gate and feel like I had something and next month or two monthes later I could buy a Corner Wall and so on. And with in a year I would have a pretty awesome castle.

Heck if this new guy had a little more money he could do it in much less time, and while these sets are not cheap they are in line with large Lego sets or cheaper.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:02 am

The city builder expansions interest me a lot though.
+54 to this
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:02 am

I bought minimal castles back then (A castle, actually) and am happy with that. I just do not need or anticipate using more. The city builder expansions interest me a lot though.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:36 am

With our apparant "whale castle" (have you seen Sorns!?) we are not in the market for any CaC sets so just cannot be tailed to work out the price comaprisons against buying the parts seperately.

We do like what they have done and the sets allow an easy castle to be fully built with the buyers choice of Corner towers, gates and inline towers.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:08 am

Based on some numbers I crunched, the prices for the Construct-a-Castle sets is pretty close to what you would have to pay for the equivalent parts in other builds. Not enough of a difference to make a big deal out of it. The nice thing I see about the CaC sets is that each one is a complete section, and not parts looking to fill holes or mate up with partial towers, etc. Also, the new CaC sets are more complete with respect to tiles. For example, the old Ramparts vs the Postern Gate sets. The Ramparts is just the Gatehouse (which still needs to be a standalone offering DF!!!) and 4 short walls, while the Postern Gate has an extra floor, crenellations, and Buttresses, while just missing 2 short walls, and is a bunch cheaper. You can get all the short wall sets you want in the other CaC set. I still see a need for many of the real specific sets in the normal Castle line, but the CaC concept is pretty nice.

xblacklightz
Kobold
Kobold

Post by xblacklightz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:37 am

Honestly I hope they have an add on for small and large walls for their towers. They give us tones of floor options for the wizards tower and the large tower but they don't give us enough walls....The castle builder set was really cool It's my favorite display but would love to have extra uses out of it with more walls.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”