Bravo!

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Bravo!

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:04 pm

My only complaint is the overuse of terrain trays. I get it keeps the cost down, but the mountain floor one in my opinion should have just been floor tiles so newcomers could have more variety in future builds and it would look better. Especially as the terrain tray has fixed hazards on it with the acid pools. :(

I do wish I had KS6 in hand to know what add-on sets I will need from this (looking at you, thorn walls and alchemy stuff), but it is what it is.

Good job, everyone at team DF!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:21 pm

I like the fact that Encounter 3 & 4 are really nice intro sets for Cavern and Dungeon - very usable combo of parts and bling (secret door for the dungeon - SOLD) they are also not ludicrously priced for a newcomer
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Start here and register for the presale.

https://dwarvenforge.com/plaguestone-presale-help/

Then look for the link to the PM and you can see all the offerings.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Link to sets in question??

Calsial
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Calsial » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:22 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 am
I really wanted to compliment these sets. They're beautiful-- and really clever.

An all in pledge has incredible table presence and I think someone new to DF would be extremely proud of it. The clever use of terrain trays to increase the size makes for very impressive builds and reduces buy-in since you don't need 200 floor tiles. Maybe some forumites (me) would prefer floor tiles but I suspect new buyers wouldn't even notice.

Even if you just bought individual areas they're all perfect microcosms of what you can do with the DF sets and with just enough pieces to use as effective scatter on the terrain trays or a small map. Big improvement over drawing with wet-erase.

For the veterans around the boards, the availability of the new pieces in their own packs is wonderful and you bet I'm getting all the new pieces!

Just an all round excellent offering for every wallet and customer!
I would like to echo this comment, a big congratulations to the Dwarven Forge team. There is something in here for everyone, newcomers and veterans and everything in between, and the price point isn't overly limiting either. Amazing coverage and amazing integration of various sets that flow well and demonstrate the flexibility of the system.

I had originally thought I'd take a curious glance at the pathfinder sets, didn't expect to have things in there really catch my eye and I'll be a happy unexpected customer to this offering as well!

Again bravo!

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Bravo!

Post by DWChancellor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 am

I really wanted to compliment these sets. They're beautiful-- and really clever.

An all in pledge has incredible table presence and I think someone new to DF would be extremely proud of it. The clever use of terrain trays to increase the size makes for very impressive builds and reduces buy-in since you don't need 200 floor tiles. Maybe some forumites (me) would prefer floor tiles but I suspect new buyers wouldn't even notice.

Even if you just bought individual areas they're all perfect microcosms of what you can do with the DF sets and with just enough pieces to use as effective scatter on the terrain trays or a small map. Big improvement over drawing with wet-erase.

For the veterans around the boards, the availability of the new pieces in their own packs is wonderful and you bet I'm getting all the new pieces!

Just an all round excellent offering for every wallet and customer!
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”