combs1ng wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 am
dice4hire wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:16 pm

I have ten of those and they do cover ground very quickly
They are really great.

I would love DF to do a more textured version, no where as textured as the 6x6 KS6 cavern floor but more textured.
I didn't realize they sold just these large floors by themselves! :o (thought they were only in the Erinthor set). I see a lot of stellar comments about their look and utility. Does anyone think the foamcore risers will be a cost saving alternative? Or would many of you still prefer the Dwarvenite aspect of a tougher surface? I am curious of everyone's thoughts over these as I am seriously debating whether to order about three or four sets.
How much do I like these large floors you ask. I have 24 of them.

I think I may not have the most or so I keep telling myself to keep from admitting I have a problem.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Wildlands Survey

Post by dice4hire » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Who really knows what foamcore will be as DF probably does not really know and has no actual samples in hand now. I hope they are durable, and they should be, but what design on yop is probably still totally up in the air.

Unfortunately with DF recently, when they ship and people have them in hand, you will know.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:44 pm

combs1ng wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
dice4hire wrote:

They are really great.

I would love DF to do a more textured version, no where as textured as the 6x6 KS6 cavern floor but more textured.
I didn't realize they sold just these large floors by themselves! :o (thought they were only in the Erinthor set). I see a lot of stellar comments about their look and utility. Does anyone think the foamcore risers will be a cost saving alternative? Or would many of you still prefer the Dwarvenite aspect of a tougher surface? I am curious of everyone's thoughts over these as I am seriously debating whether to order about three or four sets.
Unless they have some kind of protective coating (more than just a printed surface), my thinking is that they will wear over time, as heavier dwarvenite and/or resin gets pushed around on them. If it were a printed mouse pad type material layered on top surface then it would be durable. IMO, YMMV, IANAL, etc.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm

I don't have foamcore, but I love my big floors. A lot. Take that as you will.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
dice4hire wrote:
kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:52 pm
Do not forget a large rock/ground layer has already been done by DF.

They are really great.

"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:11 am

93x74R wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm
I know I will sound like a heretic to the water tiles legion but I asked for a negative space swamp. I love what they did in V and VI with negative space water/acid and a really kick ass swamp is something my tables have lacked. Lots of swamp scatter can cover a lot of area. I specifically asked for and want to make outdoor terrain that exceeds the standard 120 foot 5e range.
I can live with negative space swamp if they can come up with an awesome swamp water. Terrain Trays will not do it nor would a Phantasmal Filter IMO.

What might work to really take DF negative space water to the next level is multiple layers, imagine a 2'x3' blackish game mat/filter with a 2'x3' greenish brown game mat/filter over it and on top of that a gloss clear 2'x3' game mat/filter. Now you can choose to put a 2'x3' water current or grid layer on top of that if you wish, or even add some hazard overlays/underlays like submerged trees or under water rocks to add dangers like the whirlpool clear overlays will from KS6

Now you say that is an awful lot of layers just for swamps but that blackish game mat/filter could be used under a blue lake/ocean mat/filter for a deep ocean DF negative space water. And that blue lake/ocean mat/filter could be use over a yellowish/tan sand mat/filter for a shallow water ocean.

Basically all this is to get the depth that the resin water tiles have but without any lines and give use a nice 2'x3' body of water be it swamp, lake, shallow ocean, deep ocean and all of these top layers could be used over plexiglass for detailed under water set ups like what William did in his Rock Breaker Bill's set up. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10803

William has used colored plastics in his negative space builds for years to great effect and I would like to see DF explore this for greater depth effects.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm

I know I will sound like a heretic to the water tiles legion but I asked for a negative space swamp. I love what they did in V and VI with negative space water/acid and a really kick ass swamp is something my tables have lacked. Lots of swamp scatter can cover a lot of area. I specifically asked for and want to make outdoor terrain that exceeds the standard 120 foot 5e range.

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 am

Tarhod wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:56 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Welcome to the forums, Tarhod!
Thank you! Long time around here but first time posting. My suggestion for Wildlands was more scatter terrain, as many people said. The problem with wild terrains is that there are no "boundaries" so it's cheaper to have a big terrain tray with different types of scatter terrain.
I know a lot of people are obviously thinking of Wildlands in terms of "sandbox" style environment outside, but I am actually more excited about the possibility for inner dungeon or inner cavern play. I have said this in several other posts - that I envision a large forest room within a dungeon temple or an underground, mystic forest beneath the caverns. There are so many opportunities to surprise your players with unexpected encounters and themes. I'm thinking hidden wood elves forced into underground hiding, or Zelda forest temple style dungeons or an underground forest and mushroom sanctuary guarded by Myconids and willow wisps.

Though the one thing I did ask for was more applicable to an outside environment. I asked DF for a small ruined/abandoned gothic style church or abbey. It should have a removable damaged roof, vines growing all around, stone-casted gothic windows (maybe a partial stained glass), modular pews and an altar for the inside, etc. This would be a great show piece in any forest clearing! I have included some attached photos of inspiration. The church should at least lay on an 8x8 tile size but potentially need a 12x12 for the full footprint. This would allow for some play and customization within the abandoned church. With enough work I'm sure DF could make it modular enough to have it be a functioning church on one hand and an abandoned, ruined church on the other.
Attachments
Ruined church 7.jpg
Ruined church 7.jpg (113.85 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Ruined church 6.jpg
Ruined church 6.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Ruined Church 5.jpg
Ruined Church 5.jpg (79.66 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Ruined Church 4.jpg
Ruined Church 4.jpg (54.81 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Ruined Church 3.jpg
Ruined Church 3.jpg (123.89 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Ruined Church 2.jpg
Ruined Church 2.jpg (108.93 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Ruined Church 1.jpg
Ruined Church 1.jpg (84.23 KiB) Viewed 301 times
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:26 am

Ezri Brockhurst wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 am
Ainyele wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:19 pm
I asked for a Woodland stonehedge like centerpiece. I figured if I could only ask for one piece I wanted one as big as possible!
I did something similar, but instead of asking for one big setpiece, I said I'd prefer to have multiple individual standing stones that I could use as scatter terrain or put together to create my own circles.

Of course, like a lot of people here, I'd be happy to have a waterfall, too. In fact I almost went for waterfall, but I figured all the fine folks on these boards already have that covered...

YES! ask for something new.

Preferably BIG, bold and brash as hell - lets have that gladiator arena that DF teased all those years ago!!

....phew feel better for that :D

Welcome to the forums Ezri :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Luxspew
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Luxspew » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:03 am

this is a repeat of what I've said on another post but

I want to see the Imperial Streets / ally city builder / castle sets get some wildlands add-ons and accessories... make overgrowth and forest paths instead of the streets but roots in the rocks and stuff.. Maybe a tree is growing out of the side of a castle... as if the forest is coming back or an abandoned city or the people just built sidewalk around an area of nature.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”