Grand Stair Pack is anything but Grand...lol

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Grand Stair Pack is anything but Grand...lol

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am

WakeDGN wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm
So I ordered the original dungeon (dwarvenite) Grand Stair pack thinking the blocks were the same size as the Cavern Elevation set which was about the same price. LOL. They are not the same size. The blocks are tiny 1x1 blocks. They look like they are too small for even 28mm scale. ANyway, i'll be returning them.
Keep These!!!!

You will not regret it - use them for small raised areas in larger rooms - dais, statue plinth, raised summoning circle etc. - they are awesome and VERY utilitarian (banks for the dungeon?!?!?) - i have 2 sets plus all the extras we got as SG way back when - you will use them all the time and love what they bring to your builds
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:54 pm

Tenbears wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:25 pm
William wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:17 am

I use my small blocks all of the time...
Those cubes and some stair blocks were used in my Stepwell along the waters edge on top of the RotA floor tiles.
William that build is fantastic. Not exactly sure what you did to nail the realistic water but it looks really really good.
Apparently you must not have gone through the whole thread. There are some build pictures a bit farther into the thread. If you do go back and view the first page, let me (us and DF) know if they all load without hanging up. My satelite connection will no longer let me see all of that first page. Thanks, Bill
Oh, and if you have any more questions, just ask. But I think (?) it portrays how the water was done fairly well.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Tenbears
Orc
Orc

Post by Tenbears » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:25 pm

William wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
WakeDGN wrote:
So I ordered the original dungeon (dwarvenite) Grand Stair pack thinking the blocks were the same size as the Cavern Elevation set which was about the same price. LOL. They are not the same size. The blocks are tiny 1x1 blocks. They look like they are too small for even 28mm scale. ANyway, i'll be returning them.
Those cubes and some stair blocks were used in my Stepwell along the waters edge on top of the RotA floor tiles.
William that build is fantastic. Not exactly sure what you did to nail the realistic water but it looks really really good.

ilionblaze
Orc
Orc

Post by ilionblaze » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:00 am

I often think the Epic Stairs are the Grand Stairs. It just seems like the right name for them. But I'd echo what . everyone else has said and say the grand stairs are very useful.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:32 am

I find the Grand Stair Pack to be extremely useful & versatile. I'll admit, though, compared to some of the DoD pieces, the name 'grand' feels like a bit of a stretch.

That said, DoD wasn't around when they named it so we're grading on an unfair curve :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
WakeDGN wrote:

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:17 am

WakeDGN wrote:
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Df could use a scale pic like Reaper has Sir Forscale.

But yes, prices give a good indicator of size.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Grand Stair Pack is $45 for Unpainted and $70 for Painted, included is 36 pieces.
Elevation Pack is $60 for Unpainted and $80 for Painted, included is 16 pieces, plus 2 'natural bridges'.

To me there is a hint of size difference in the price and amount of pieces, but I could see missing that. ;)

WakeDGN
Goblin
Goblin

Grand Stair Pack is anything but Grand...lol

Post by WakeDGN » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”