It’s late July! It’s late July!

Paladin in Hell
Orc
Orc

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by Paladin in Hell » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 pm

I assume that is Stefan's map he drew for the KS and the D20 we were promised for social media.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:01 pm

scott102303 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 pm
I assume that is Stefan's map he drew for the KS and the D20 we were promised for social media.
Funny I dont recall either but cool anyway! Thanks.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:20 am

So we got our Tote, Map And Die Pack in wave 1 and are in the picture below :)

Two are pretty easy to spot but the D20 is not wearing a white and red hooped sweater to make it easy for you.

The map is just a single sheet made to look like parchment with a dungeon and cavern map. Easier to see the original on Flickr and zoom in.

In other news: the D20 is solid and highly recommended to be thrown using the Castle trebuchet :D
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:31 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:20 am
So we got our Tote, Map And Die Pack in wave 1 and are in the picture below :)

Two are pretty easy to spot but the D20 is not wearing a white and red hooped sweater to make it easy for you.

The map is just a single sheet made to look like parchment with a dungeon and cavern map. Easier to see the original on Flickr and zoom in.

In other news: the D20 is solid and highly recommended to be thrown using the Castle trebuchet :D
Cool thanks Rabbit Burner, I got the catapults but they need some stronger bands to get better firepower to shoot the D20!

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:14 am

Still no shipping order in California for the DH! Congrats to those who received theirs.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Got my last box yesterday. I'll be working through it over the weekend.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:58 pm

I, who titled this thread because shipping was supposed to start in late July 2019, received the last items from my pledge (minus a few inadvertent omissions of small pieces) yesterday. So from start of shipping to one arbitrary backer getting his full order, about six months (assuming shipping had begun in late July, that means counting August through January 2020).

Let’s hope we see an improvement for KS7!

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Shipping was initially estimated for June 2019. :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:24 pm

Law wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Let’s hope we see an improvement for KS7!
+68 to this :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:17 am

Riley wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:09 pm
Shipping was initially estimated for June 2019. :)
True. In hindsight (for me, at least), I wonder if the protracted shipping was a mistake. I’m glad I had some cavern goodies in my hands last September instead of only now - but it sure felt like an eternity to wait for the rest. If they had simply waited until now to ship, the end result would be similar (roughly six months longer than the estimate) but it would have FELT like less of an issue to some of us, because we simply would have ignored the issue until the stuff was going out.

I mean, more than a year passes after the campaign and one simply puts it out of one’s mind. It’s only once things begin to ship and you see people posting photos that you get excited for your stuff. It’s at that point that an extra six months can feel excruciating. DF didn’t know, none of us did, that this would take this long. I figured that “ship as it comes” would mean a month or two of goodies arriving every few weeks - not SIX MONTHS, with months and months between anything showing up or even being at the warehouse.

Hm. Really not sure. Maybe the best solution is for DF to acknowledge that large campaigns take longer and estimate 2 years for KS7. It’s a blow (what’s the delivery equivalent of “sticker shock”?) but it’s all about meeting projections and establishing expectations. Conveying confidence and competency to your backers - that you got this. This round didn’t give that impression. Hopefully they really will nail it next time.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”