Stefan (who, er, sometimes just SAYS things) said Feb. for the store

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stefan (who, er, sometimes just SAYS things) said Feb. for the store

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Nate explained in an Instagram video that DF are looking into new starter sets, that are cheap and include both KSII and KSVI.

See this thread for further if scant details.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:42 pm

I’m happy that Nate gave us official information.
I guess it is the right approach to lower expectations concerning the time schedule.
IMO they learned from KS 6 shipping experience.

Here is my speculative explanation:
They need some time to let the marketing machine working.
Compared to KS 5: They combine the first webstore stock of DoD in October and the restock for DoD of March into one big splash stock of KS 6.
Therefore they need to do a lot of marketing activities to be sure that everything sells out quickly, not only DH....
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:41 pm

zenako wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 pm
They probably also want to decide on how they will break things down. Keep a lot of whole encounters on the shop like DoD? or break some of those down into the smaller packs and risk some of those almost never moving, while the hot items fly away? Kind of like the Epic Stairs from DoD. You could get them in a couple of the encounters, or alone in their own pack. The small pack kept selling out quickly. That kind of decision is not easy.
I thought Nate mentioned there might be different cavern starters? That is probably off in the future though. I imagine there is a lot of work to be done to prep for the store. Maybe there will be no works in progress shots like the store had for the last several kickstarters.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 pm

They probably also want to decide on how they will break things down. Keep a lot of whole encounters on the shop like DoD? or break some of those down into the smaller packs and risk some of those almost never moving, while the hot items fly away? Kind of like the Epic Stairs from DoD. You could get them in a couple of the encounters, or alone in their own pack. The small pack kept selling out quickly. That kind of decision is not easy.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:50 am

Law wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:55 am
I’m very curious about “First, we need all backer shipments to go out (which are actually pretty close!). Then we need all graphics done and everything implemented in the store backend.”

That implies - perhaps it isn’t meant to - that these aren’t being done simultaneously. In other words, we’re waiting for the backers to receive their shipments (or at least for the stuff to go out) and then we have all the graphics done and things “implemented” (unclear). But - so nothing is being done to prepare now? I mean I know they’re not just sitting around - they’re prepping KS7 and working on a million other things, I’m sure. And if that’s the answer, that’s the answer. But I’m curious - after all the other delays and unanticipated issues, and after we’ve been told multiple times that KS6 will be available in the store after backer shipments go out, now we’re hearing “oh and once they go out we have to prepare graphics and implement the store” and I’m just wondering why that can’t be done as the backer shipments go out, to make things more efficient.

My guess is that Nate’s comment wasn’t meant to be taken so literally or read so dramatically. We’re really just waiting for backer shipments and while the other stuff may add a few days to the total it’s not like there’s some whole other thing. And either it can’t be done beforehand because other issues have taken priority or it can’t be done beforehand because they need to receive shipments themselves. I’m sure it makes sense in the end.
My guess is up until a few weeks ago they didn't have all of their product in yet for KS6. They want all of the product images to be consistent in regards to lighting, angles, etc. and now that everything is in they are working on schedules with a photographer and doing all of the backend programming in the store with those images. They also will need to put in the number of available items after KS deliveries and replacement piece estimates so they may not know that right off of the bat due to inventorying everything after delivery. I'm sure there's more to it too.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:44 am

On the internet you have to watch what you say ;)

We suspect its more accurate to say its not finished. They probably had it all scheduled based on the original timescales, they may well use a third party for the images and their availability can be an issue, especially if you have missed the orignal timeslot.

We do not expect to be visiting the shop anytime soon, we try to get all we need in the KS, though you cannot always predict it. So far we think we are good. But that may change when DH hits our gametable.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:55 am

I’m very curious about “First, we need all backer shipments to go out (which are actually pretty close!). Then we need all graphics done and everything implemented in the store backend.”

That implies - perhaps it isn’t meant to - that these aren’t being done simultaneously. In other words, we’re waiting for the backers to receive their shipments (or at least for the stuff to go out) and then we have all the graphics done and things “implemented” (unclear). But - so nothing is being done to prepare now? I mean I know they’re not just sitting around - they’re prepping KS7 and working on a million other things, I’m sure. And if that’s the answer, that’s the answer. But I’m curious - after all the other delays and unanticipated issues, and after we’ve been told multiple times that KS6 will be available in the store after backer shipments go out, now we’re hearing “oh and once they go out we have to prepare graphics and implement the store” and I’m just wondering why that can’t be done as the backer shipments go out, to make things more efficient.

My guess is that Nate’s comment wasn’t meant to be taken so literally or read so dramatically. We’re really just waiting for backer shipments and while the other stuff may add a few days to the total it’s not like there’s some whole other thing. And either it can’t be done beforehand because other issues have taken priority or it can’t be done beforehand because they need to receive shipments themselves. I’m sure it makes sense in the end.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 am

Thanks for the heads up!

Obviously I'm eager for the new stuff to hit the store, but I also wouldn't hate it if my Monster Terrain trees came in first... Then I could make a more informed buy plan :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks Nate :)

Saves the forum from any more Bunny WAG.... we mean flawed predictions.

DooFers can sleep a little easier.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:33 pm
At this time we can't accurately predict when the Caverns Deep stock will go live on the web store.

There are a lot of moving parts on this end. First, we need all backer shipments to go out (which are actually pretty close!). Then we need all graphics done and everything implemented in the store backend. Not sure how long that's going to take yet.

In a perfect world, everything would go up in mid Feb. More realistically, I think it'll be some time in March. We'll do a big official blast once we have a concrete time. We will be sure to give you guys ample warning so you can be ready to snipe the sets you want before everything is gone.
Thanks for the information and headsup. Truly appreciate your use of the forum to communicate. :)

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”