What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm

I was hoping for now or April but with the USA in stand still and wait for COVID-19 to hit, If there is a GenCon I wonder if a big GenCon reveal for the KS7 sets would not be best. I am not confident there will be a GenCon but if a big reveal was planned there then it would make a KS right after that a good time. If GenCon was canceled then having the KS right then might mean all the people who were going to go would have money to spend.

This all based on the premise that the USA will not be in medical chaos for the rest of the year. :(

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am

I believe Nate mentioned in an offhand kind of way in the twitch stream, that they still hoped for late spring/early summer, but NOTHING was definite given the world uncertainty. It sounded like they still hoped to ship Hellscape before then, and then sometime after that Plaguestone (which logistically should be a simple matter given the far smaller scope of that special offering).

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:12 am

I would really like a late spring early summer KS start. I am just so busy right now and would like to try to wrap up a bunch of things before I get all crazy into a KS that is going to be as huge as this one is probably going to be. And I am sure, it is not having a impact on my household, but many would like to see the end of 19 and an upswing to people going back to work/life.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:53 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:58 pm
Yeah COVID-19 really put a pause on everything, not just DF. I'm guessing summer now.
Hoping they can hold off until then, give DooFers a chance to work out the Covid-19 enconomic fallout.

Their cashflow may be the determining factor as to when they launch

Hopefully with them still working from home they should still be ready whenever they launch.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Yeah COVID-19 really put a pause on everything, not just DF. I'm guessing summer now.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:42 pm

With an empty office in NY from Nate's Twitter video today, I suspect May may be too optimistic now. Seems like there is a fair amount of sculpting, designing, and iterating to do still.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

blakoutsun
Orc
Orc

Post by blakoutsun » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 am

I spoke to Nate at Pax East and he mentioned KS7 won't likely happen until May. He might've said March, but I'm quite certain he said May.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:30 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:01 pm
Just in time for tax returns. Good call, DF.
Used that for the KS6 stock in the store.

Sooooo I hope the pledge manager is open for a long time for KS7.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:56 pm

They say new cases of CoVid19 are coming down dramatically in China, so maybe the KS won't be too far behind. guess we'll have to see about the economic consequences of the virus here in the US.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 pm

DrSalt wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:29 pm
According to Stefan (from the DF facebook group) - "It's just going to get better in our Wildlands kickstarter in April....so many more options are being introduced! More variety, more encounter options, settings"

I had better get saving for now - the decision timing for Cavern's Deep 6 coming to the store and the next KS will make it hard to work out where I spend my money. May end up holding back on any dreadhollow until I see what is part of Wildlands.
Hopefully they hold the pm open until the fall like they did for KS6. Ks6.66 wasn't that long.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”