Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

How many sets of the new water tiles will you buy during the PM or immediately from the webstore?

I will buy 1-3 sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
63%
I will buy 4+ sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
12%
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Alternate Water Pack
4%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Alternate Water Pack
No votes
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Water Swell Pack
1%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Water Swell Pack
No votes
I am not interested in either pack.
21%

Total votes: 139

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by Talistran » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:01 pm

So, what I want out of a wild, outdoor river is going to be different than these drawings.

However, I still think that regardless of what Nate likes or wants, he has paying customers who are BEGGING him for a product; I've never met another company that ignores what paying customers want so much. I'm running out of nice ways to speak nicely about this topic. ;)

I challenge DF to let me take these ideas and put them into a poll format to send to all of their customers... and if 1,000 sets would be sold (or whatever number you say is necessary), that they make and sell the sets our community has already designed for them. :)

At 1,000 sets sold the cost of the mold would be less than 20% of the total amount they would make at $50 per set, and they would break even pretty quickly ;)

How easy it would be to make your customers happy AND make yourself some money at the same time. Win-win. :)

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by Talistran » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm

P.S. 1000 sets is just a random number. But I'll repeat my offer:

DF, tell us the number of sets you need, and we'll make it happen even if I have to personally pay for the amount left over.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:58 pm

That is still a great offer to offer.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Talistran they probably want to sell newer / better water tiles. They can then market to both new and old customers alike.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:20 pm

Both = more revenue. No brainer. :?: :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 pm

Don’t think so. Funds will go to what you like, but more funds won’t be created from thin air. There’s a brand new LARGE set every year(ish).

I do sympathise with the obsolescence. My $10K castle pieces will not be as good as whatever they create for KS8 and beyond.

DF will continue to improve, thus older sets won’t age as well as we’d like.
Last edited by DevGuy on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

GardenDM
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GardenDM » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:29 am

I'm a dork, so I would buy outdoor "raging river" water tiles, similar to the waterfall and magma stuff we've seen (sculpted as water though!).

AND, I would also buy an expansion to original KS2 underground water OR a complete replacement for the KS2 underground water provided it's a big enough of a WOW factor improvement (e.g. original lava tiles vs magma river tiles O_O ).

AND, I also see the value in negative space rivers as of this Kickstarter. For really large and meandering rivers with little "bay"-type eddy pools, I don't see how it could be done with sculpted terrain, but the builds in this KS using negative terrain accomplish that well. So yeah, I can finally see how it fits in.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 am

Cavern water is still and flat - I want...
Outdoor water c/would be rushing - I want...

If the rive is only one 4" tile wide I'll pass, like I did on the lava. Why I like the cavern water is I have the control of the width and shape of the river. It's why I want more of the various pieces we designed years ago to compliment what we have. I really am tired of this subject, but to say it would be one or the other with the funding is a false premise. Both would fly off the shelves. Done here.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Talistran » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:34 am

DevGuy wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:15 pm Talistran they probably want to sell newer / better water tiles. They can then market to both new and old customers alike.
Sure. But I want matching water tiles for KS2 water tiles. I have a separate budget for them. I'll buy both new and better water tiles.

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Talistran » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:45 am

DevGuy wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 pm Don’t think so. Funds will go to what you like, but more funds won’t be created from thin air. There’s a brand new LARGE set every year(ish).

I do sympathise with the obsolescence. My $10K castle pieces will not be as good as whatever they create for KS8 and beyond.

DF will continue to improve, thus older sets won’t age as well as we’d like.
While there is some truth to your words, I don't think it is completely true.

I don't spend every cent I have on DF. I could and would spend an additional $500 easily that DF will never see from me IF they produce more water tiles to expand/match the KS2 water tiles.

That money sits there, unspent, every year they don't make a KS2 water tile expansion as the community has outlined that we want.

It isn't like I have $2,000 to spend every KS and I can't go above that budget. I don't have a budget when it comes to the KS. I'll buy what I want and what I like. Some years that is $10,000+ and some years that is $1,500. It is up to DF to provide something that I like if they want more of my money.

I also want an orc/primitive fortification. There isn't anything good out there. When someone produces that, I'll buy a bunch of it. Until then, there is another $500-1000 that is unspent.

A new river system does not replace the old KS2 CAVERN water tiles. We still need stagnant water that isn't the same old tiles over and over again. We need more.

I get that I am not everyone, but I think there are a lot more people like me than you realize... people who could spend more if DF produced something they clearly want, but won't spend it all in the KS.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”