A Dungeons and Dragons Documentary

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
pfworks
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pfworks » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:43 pm

This reminds me of something in one of my campaigns once. I had some blocks in one room that had to be transported to another room for something or other. The intervening room was full of water. The blocks were to be made of sodium. As I sat down to calculate how much sodium would do how much damage, I thought to myself "Heck, this is a fantasy world!". I renamed the blocks to explodium and chose my own damge based on the character levels I was running through.

Okay, pf, so how DID they get the blocks next door? Now you got ME wondering!

Jim
I almost forgot how this turned out...

The blocks were covered in a paraffin type of substance that would wear off in 1d6 rounds in the salt water.

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:25 pm

Just wanted to say that I think it's kool how we all play variations of the same game/s and that it also changes depending on who the players are and also eventually our games also change as we ourselves grow and evolve...my first D&D games went something like: "I kill em all and search their pocketsis!" true hack and slash fun...but as I got older and kept playing and designing worlds, I got more interested in a whole bunch of stuff that school couldn't get me interested in...like history, economics, math, etc...

I have always thought that some form of D&D could be great in school to teach these and many other subjects...

pfworks
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pfworks » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:09 am

It's funny. The games I end up running at cons that I get good feedback on generally have very little combat. Instead, they've turned into almost something like a mystery thriller. I've managed to have quite the time with these - folks get sucked into role playing w/o having to be "over the top".

Stefan, are you planning on going to Origins? I'm going to make it out there this year.

Return to “Gaming Talk”