MBS add-on

Saintmac99
Kobold
Kobold

MBS add-on

Post by Saintmac99 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 pm

FQH,

A few things went through my head after reading your last post.

1. Isn't awesome that some of us in the world still like to play with toys!
2. I think its cool that playmobil can be an inspiration to us still.
3. I would offer my left hand to see a 'ladder piece on a wall'

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

MBS add-on

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Wed May 06, 2009 4:16 am

As always you have great ideas.
The roofs you've made are nice but according to the different puzzle rooms we can do, it will be something hard to configure and to match correctly...

THERE MUST BE a new MBS set with holes in the floors, traps, double doors, a entrance new windows (with grids for instance), iron doors etc etc.

I was thinking to something else but similar we can use with MBS and classic dunjeon pieces, something impossible to avoid and logical, something that may use your roof ideas : the attics.
I mean a half roof and on the other side the interior structure.

This could come with "the soooooooo awaited lader piece on a wall"...

I cannot tell you what we are working on now or in the near future.... or I will have to kill you all and there are far too many of you!

I take my shield and my sword, I'm coming to the battlefield !

Some (famous) links to illustrate what I am thinking about :

http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.s ... gid=Ritter
http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.s ... gid=Ritter

crioux
Orc
Orc

MBS add-on

Post by crioux » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 pm

I created a new post for the (almost) final result.
http://dwarvenforge.com/dwarvenforums/v ... ?pid=35323

crioux
Orc
Orc

MBS add-on

Post by crioux » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:32 am

Other MBS add-on are on the way.
In addition to other pieces I've done in the past: like roof, Flickering LED fireplace, stairways, multi-level system, I'm currently making large double-doors, more roof pieces, broken floor and a few other pieces to allow more diverses house layouts.. I'll have them finished and painted within one week (I hope).

jkratzer
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

MBS add-on

Post by jkratzer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Perhaps we can have a few sacrificial deaths for some hints?

I did a Superman swan-dive out a 2nd-story window at age 2; does that count toward the sacrifices?

(YES, Shadox, that DOES explain what's WORNG with me!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

MBS add-on

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:38 am

I really hope you and Tom figure something out about the roofs, the latest version seems almost ripe for fruition, at which point perhaps we can talk about doing something with it...I was thinking that If you guys got a professional sculptor to work with perhaps we could even get you guys on board, (perhaps you have someone professional judging form the latest pictures) All pieces must be sculpted from scratch and not patched together If we are to be serious about it. And there are always issues concerning the factory and it's capabilities, such as shrinkage and casting, packaging, etc...i would be happy to work with you...although I am not easy to work with in the creative department (ask Jeff)

Cheers.

Sweet! More collaboration in designs = more DF for us to enjoy!

Bossman
Orc
Orc

MBS add-on

Post by Bossman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Perhaps we can have a few sacrificial deaths for some hints?

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

MBS add-on

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Try to keep any parts under 6" or they will warp too much...4" is better...I cannot tell you what we are working on now or in the near future.... or i will have to kill you all and there are far too many of you! And also because, well, we would have no clients left....but lets say that you may be surprised at what's in the works down the road...well, judging from how your mind works and races, maybe you, Crioux, would not be surprised:)

let's have fun!

crioux
Orc
Orc

MBS add-on

Post by crioux » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Stefan,
I already thought of the factory part, and for the modules not to be too massive and heavy, it had to be cast in a few separate pieces (3 or 4) and assembled, which would be more costly for you.

I also understand that DF in mainly about INTERIORS, not outdoors. Roofs and castle walls are a bit away from your main focus.

When I'm completely finished about those MBS add-ons, including roofs, I'll post everything, and you'll see if it is possible for DF to produce it, or some parts of it. At worst, it will show those who still want to have roof how to built it, (although I already shown most of it in a previous post, as did Tom).

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

MBS add-on

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:51 pm

I don't think anything we are creating is "breakthrough" which is why we don't bother to copyright anything...

I think that we as gamers all want the same things, we all know what those things more or less are...we have seen them in movies, or modules, or magazines, we are all geeks afterall...that being said, Crioux you do have an active creative mind and your roof ideas were the most innovative of them all I thought, but not fully resolved in my opinion for us to go forward with something that would make sense for a Dwarven Forge production...I remain open to the idea of roofs in some modular form and if some parts of an idea are borrowed from Criux or anyone else who decides to post on our forums I am happy to reward them for their creativity...

for my part, most "medieval" things I create have been worked out years and years before on paper and in my imagination, even before I started DF...I have drawers full of sketches on napkins and coasters and loose bits of notepaper....I have traveled extensively throughout Europe as a child as my parents were both grown up in Europe (Rome and Prague)...my father was a famous Architect and Historical Conservationist who taught at Columbia University for 60 years and who resided on the NYC Landmarks commision, so i had lots of "scholarly" input along the way as well...anyway, whenever my attention focuses on a new product I tend to start OVER and rethink it all again...often I have to re-sculpt during the process to get it right...I am sure it is like that with most creative people...what do you think Crioux? So, during this process all the bits and pieces of images I have seen during my life and on the forum get scrambled together and digested into an end process witch then comes out like a kaka but hopefully more beautiful....

I really hope you and Tom figure something out about the roofs, the latest version seems almost ripe for fruition, at which point perhaps we can talk about doing something with it...I was thinking that If you guys got a professional sculptor to work with perhaps we could even get you guys on board, (perhaps you have someone professional judging form the latest pictures) All pieces must be sculpted from scratch and not patched together If we are to be serious about it. And there are always issues concerning the factory and it's capabilities, such as shrinkage and casting, packaging, etc...i would be happy to work with you...although I am not easy to work with in the creative department (ask Jeff)

Cheers.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”