New Game Tiles DUNGEON Passage Pack Survey!

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
wolfie907
Kobold
Kobold

Re:New Game Tiles DUNGEON Passage Pack Survey!

Post by wolfie907 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 am

lork is right Nicholas had an awesome idea and I personally would prefer his method

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:24 am

I don\'t see a better way to get the L pieces to fit together correctly without beveled edges on the 2 adjoining pieces. I did t see the other guys take on it though

What I\'d really like to see them throw in this set is some narrow corridor pieces like the one were getting for caverns

Lork
Orc
Orc

Post by Lork » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 pm

I would love to hear Stefan comment again on a passage pieces design more like the one Nicholas proposed that eliminates bevel pieces entirely.

I know in the past Stefan has said that he sort of wants the bevel edges to dissuade people from using passage pieces in place of base pieces. However, I feel as if in order to accomplish that, the set is just a bit more obtuse to work with where there are multiple pieces that look too similar to each other in the bag/drawer scenario.

This \'puzzlish to assemble, multiple pieces all look similar\' problem is proposed to be solved by altering the paint job, and obviously that\'s a big issue for a lot of folks too.

If none of the passage pieces looked like each other, then the different paint job would be less needed.

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 pm

I am of the same opinion as Dandare and several others. I\'m very interested in these and will buy several packs, but I\'m not interested at all if the paint scheme is even slightly different. I put lil colored dot stickers on my minis bases so that I don\'t lose track of which one has how much HP and ongoing conditions and such. I would recommend something similar to buyers such as color coating the bottoms of the passage pieces themselves if hey want to

Lork
Orc
Orc

Post by Lork » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I think that something is needed to help differentiate pinks from greens from blues in the \"bag or drawer o\' passage pieces\" scenario. This could be some color-coding on the bevel/flat wall sides which are generally not exposed in a finished setup, but definitely needs to be there.

As is, I know that if I ultimately get any sets of these, I\'m going to inwardly rage some every time I\'m trying to find that last dang green piece that I know is in there somewhere, dangit!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:28 pm

I was one of those hoping for GT add ons in addition to the Cavern goodness... i hope that each successive Kickstarter will also expand on the lines before so that those product lines continue to grow in versatility and potential.

Being patient with Jeff & Stefan considering all that is going on, but i am anxiously awaiting more reveals... My hamster is getting antsy!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:15 pm

I too agree that the painting scheme on any \"Dungeon\" tiles should match or be very close to those already released.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 pm

I\'m with the crowd that wants the painting scheme to match. Perhaps the exposed edges of the floor portion could be painted a little differently if you feel a visual indicator is really needed to let people quickly identify pieces, without causing a visual disruption on most finished layouts. Ie a Corner piece would have two floor edges painted slightly differently, but in most builds all those edges but up against something, the outside/stone edges continue the regular stone paint to the ground so those wouldn\'t be changed).

I\'m glad to see one cross over add-on from the Dungeon GT line, since I think it will pull in people who only want to extend their dungeon line. Not sure how it will work given the 2 set minimum buy in to get add-ons. However I do want to see more cavern add-ons in the future!

I feel Jeff and Stefan have a great idea what their add-ons are, and I like that they air some of the designs before its 100% buttoned down. I know it leads to extra drama in the KS comments, but I feel it does help get more backers involved and understanding the process and tradeoffs.

artcwolf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by artcwolf » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:51 pm

I\'d love to see the new passages for the DT, but will they go with the caverns?

I want to see cavern add-ons NOT DT packages.

If you are going to release them, keep the paint scheme the same as the DTs.

getting a bit discouraged here guys, i think the add-on packs should have been thought out a bit better before the KS was started.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:47 am

The paint scheme has to match the other prepainted sets!!!

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”