Erinthor Mountains, last time it was in stock?

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Erinthor Mountains, last time it was in stock?

Post by GODofwar » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:06 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:30 am
TLW - It has been a LONG time since i did eBay selling, but it helps to have a system.

I listed all my items for the week (usually about a dozen lots) on Tuesday (took the week to photograph and have everything ready)

I ran my listings for 5 days so they ended on Sunday

I mailed on Tuesday and then posted my listings

I said right in my notes "If you have paid by Monday night your item will ship Tuesday, if not it may be the following Tuesday." Sometimes i would go back to the post office for late payers, but usually i tried to keep control of my life and let eBay be a one day per week thing. This system worked for me and gave me control. That was a long time ago - i should start selling again as i am swimming in stuff.
Thank you, Kitenerd.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:30 am

TLW - It has been a LONG time since i did eBay selling, but it helps to have a system.

I listed all my items for the week (usually about a dozen lots) on Tuesday (took the week to photograph and have everything ready)

I ran my listings for 5 days so they ended on Sunday

I mailed on Tuesday and then posted my listings

I said right in my notes "If you have paid by Monday night your item will ship Tuesday, if not it may be the following Tuesday." Sometimes i would go back to the post office for late payers, but usually i tried to keep control of my life and let eBay be a one day per week thing. This system worked for me and gave me control. That was a long time ago - i should start selling again as i am swimming in stuff.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks all.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:15 pm

Glendel, do you sell lots or individuals? I'm in your position but selling by eBay has been very time consuming in the past.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt

[/quote]

Hmm, I will have to say both. I had about 18k in cards. Had no desire to do anything but sell that as a lot. Had thousands of 'clix' figures. That has been the most consuming. Sold that as lots but had to break them down into sub lots. Then about 30 individuals. Everything else has been individual items. Once I got used to ebay again it started going a lot faster.

All that being as it is, yes, very time consuming for sure. At the same time just an all around win. Cleared/clearing out literally walls and closets full of stuff I have not played or used in years or even decades. Then it put a LOT of money on PayPal to fund DF.

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Chiming in here. I found that selling to established online gaming shops was cost effective for me. I would sell them a whole bunch of stuff in one bundle at a price I was comfortable parting with the miniatures at. I was willing to take less than I might get on EBAY to avoid all the individual sales issues and shipping hassles. One check or paypal transfer from the shop and it is all done. I know I could likely make more doing it on EBAY myself, but the time involved is just not worth it to me. Also, it is never clear how many of what you list will actually move in a given timeframe.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Glendel wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 am
Yup, I will get unpainted. Everything so far is unpainted. The hobby within the hobby, painting. Think I agree, going to wait until after Christmas.

@Anime - Yeah, if it was cash from savings it would have been stopped at "can I..." from the boss of the house. But, I have been going through all my old hobbies and games and selling on ebay for the the 90 days as well. I'm only in the hole for about 2k, but have a good amount of stuff left to break even on that. Just spends faster than I can sell lol.
Glendel, do you sell lots or individuals? I'm in your position but selling by eBay has been very time consuming in the past.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 am

Yup, I will get unpainted. Everything so far is unpainted. The hobby within the hobby, painting. Think I agree, going to wait until after Christmas.

@Anime - Yeah, if it was cash from savings it would have been stopped at "can I..." from the boss of the house. But, I have been going through all my old hobbies and games and selling on ebay for the the 90 days as well. I'm only in the hole for about 2k, but have a good amount of stuff left to break even on that. Just spends faster than I can sell lol.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 pm

I'd get it while it's there if you want painted, I think unpainted you are likely ok to wait until after Christmas.

Though nothing is for certain. :(

$10k in 90 days? Holy Dwarven Lords!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:21 pm

I still want a mountain set(+), but with the huge annual KS's (plus other smaller KS's), I can't ever seem to save enough to get to it in the store. There seems to be a better chance in the store if you go unpainted, but I get why most want painted.
I wish D.F. would skip a year (or 2), so I could pull that trigger in the store. Hope they never discontinue the full Erinthor set, because I think it'll be awhile longer before I can get it/some. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Also depends if you want painted or unpainted. For many other sets at least, I've noticed unpainted tends to stay around longer.
MrMorden wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm
It’s a popular set. I picked one up earlier this year, and it’s been in stock twice since then. I think you’ll be okay if you wait.