Gen-Con promo Anvils?

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
realarete
Orc
Orc

Re: Gen-Con promo Anvils?

Post by realarete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:02 pm

There are many game companies these days that offer promo stuff at gaming conventions. Sadly in the case of board games most are left empty handed on this limited offered content. I’m not a fan at all.... ex folklore the affliction offered 4 promos. Selling on ebay for 10-20 a card... good times if you want ALL game content.

But a non board game piece like this anvil in my mind isn’t as big a deal unless ofc you are getting ALL of the offered pieces from the KS. Which in this case covers it since it’s in a pack or two.

But the promos are resin???? Hmmm well I’ll just leave it at I’m not a fan of limited promos. Always a kick in the nuts to supporters who would like it but just weren’t there.... that’s my $.02.

In this case personally I don’t care thinking it’s fairly ugly looking :mrgreen: maybe it paints up nice ?

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 am

They must have been out by the time I talked to them about it, I got a cavern wall, lol.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm
Another steller example of DF communication .....
They were baubles handed out at an event to customers. What exactly do you expect DF to communicate about that? Every time a company hands out a company key chain or coffee mug, they don’t hold a press conference.
True, it is nearly impossible for DF to reach their customers in this digital age of information. Their only communication methods are telegraph and most people cannot read Morse.

Most companies do hand out special items to attract attention, generate buzz and improve their customer loyalty and numbers. You need to communicate to do any of those things.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:59 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:45 pm
Dice, just another reason for you to hop on a plane and come to Gen Con next year. :) It's only what, halfway around the world for you? No biggie.
Well I was there last year. Probably the last time though, Gencon is too early in August for me to make it back. Last year they did it two weeks late. It was great!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 pm
dice4hire wrote:
They were baubles handed out at an event to customers. What exactly do you expect DF to communicate about that? Every time a company hands out a company key chain or coffee mug, they don’t hold a press conference.
Well, considering that DF pretty much never gives out free key chains, coffee mugs, coasters, T-shirts or anvils, I'd say this was pretty big news. I get that it was only for Gen Con attendees who were KS supporters, but am still surprised it flew under the radar so well that the only mention ever of it in these forums is when it shows up on e-bay.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Dice, just another reason for you to hop on a plane and come to Gen Con next year. :) It's only what, halfway around the world for you? No biggie.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm

It was printed on their Ad in the show directory. Since it was limited and relevant only to people who were already at GenCon, it wasn't widely promoted. It's not like anybody was going to say "oh SNAP, I was gonna skip GenCon this year but freebie resin doodad? To the airport!" :D

They are indeed the same sculpt which everybody who gets the Covert Warcamp encounter or Dwarven Forge pack will receive, attending backers who noticed the ad just got an early access, small batch hand cast one.

I mean, I couldn't go to GenCon either and I wish I had one, but ah well.

MrMorden
Orc
Orc

Post by MrMorden » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 pm

dice4hire wrote:

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Yes, they advertised it right before GenCon saying they had a special gift for people that came and said they were a backer. I got a turquoise one too. :) I seem to remember purple and orange as well. They definitely aren't the most elegant cast; mine has flash and isn't level unless I sand it down, but they are unique and fun.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Here's mine.
df-anvil.jpg
df-anvil.jpg (56.83 KiB) Viewed 231 times
These were advertised in the KS comment thread as "stop by the booth at GenCon for a little gift" or something like that.