Gen-Con promo Anvils?

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Gen-Con promo Anvils?

Post by William » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 pm
Someone send me a picture (dfwikia@gmail.com) or post them here! I will try to grab the ones from eBay... it would be nice to have a photo of every color... or at least a list of all the colors.

Neeeeed to get back to the wiki and finish the DoD and start adding CD... not to mention IO's build photos... I recently took a bunch of close up photos of the pieces from many of the early dungeon bow-tie sets... and a plethora of other data that I have gathered... perhaps real life will slow down after Thanksgiving (please!!!) and I can get this stuff up.
Pic is on first page post #7. ;)
viewtopic.php?p=149215#p149215
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Someone send me a picture (dfwikia@gmail.com) or post them here! I will try to grab the ones from eBay... it would be nice to have a photo of every color... or at least a list of all the colors.

Neeeeed to get back to the wiki and finish the DoD and start adding CD... not to mention IO's build photos... I recently took a bunch of close up photos of the pieces from many of the early dungeon bow-tie sets... and a plethora of other data that I have gathered... perhaps real life will slow down after Thanksgiving (please!!!) and I can get this stuff up.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:04 pm

astolat wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:15 pm
Harneloot wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:31 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:02 pm

I remember seeing it here, but I don't know where. I -think--it was its own thread, even. Maybe if it wasn't, make sure it is or is stickied as an announcement. Not sure what else to say; I thought it was done well but apparently not everyone saw it. :shrug:
Huh...well I searched for Gift, Special Gift, Booth, Gen Con, and Promo on the forum search function and came up empty of any mention at all of this Anvil Gift for this years Gen Con. Maybe used some special code only rodents (like rabbits and weasels?) could figure out? <Shrug> Could be getting your sites mixed up I guess? Maybe it was posted on FB and not here? Probably just me searching the wrong term I guess :?
Advanced search, author Valorian_Seneschal, keyword "booth"

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9099&p=133388&hilit=booth#p133388

That said, I am baffled by the complaint in the first place. Loads of booths have random promo tchotkes at cons, it's just a cute surprise, not some sort of special chase item. Why WOULD they advertise/announce it? It's not like DF didn't advertise that there was going to be a booth at GenCon, and no one was going to suddenly get hotel and plane and con tickets (were they even available at that point?) just to get a tiny promo giveaway anvil.
Nice forum search-fu astolat!

Well, there it is - a tiny mention but a mention nonetheless.

Have you been by the Dwarven Forge booth at Cons frequently Astolat? I have, and I can tell you from first hand experience that Dwarven Forge pretty much NEVER hands out any *tchotkes* of any sort...ever. No T-shirts, no dwarvenite coasters, no mugs or pot-holders or left-handed smoke shifters or small coin piles or re-painted door inserts or anvils...nothing. So, yeah, that's why *we* (whoever that is that doesn't include you apparently) thought it was a cool thing and were a bit perplexed at how we even missed mention of it. I am not suggesting that everyone and their grandma should have gotten a special Dwarvenite Anvil or even that they needed to do any more *advertising* of it than they did. Was just saying its curious as DF NEVER does this, which is in contrast to many other companies. I think this *might* be the very first Gen Con promo item ever released by Dwarven Forge, which kinda makes it special.

That's what we forum trogs do - obsess about DF stuff. Don't think anyone was *complaining*; think we was just wondering wtf that thing was that was listed on e-bay and if it was official or not.

Hey Veg - add that anvil to the Wikia please....it is now a collectors item! :)

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:31 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:51 pm

We did announce on here that we had a special gift for backers who came by the booth. We did not say specifically what it would be so that it could be a fun surprise.
I remember seeing it here, but I don't know where. I -think--it was its own thread, even. Maybe if it wasn't, make sure it is or is stickied as an announcement. Not sure what else to say; I thought it was done well but apparently not everyone saw it. :shrug:
Huh...well I searched for Gift, Special Gift, Booth, Gen Con, and Promo on the forum search function and came up empty of any mention at all of this Anvil Gift for this years Gen Con. Maybe used some special code only rodents (like rabbits and weasels?) could figure out? <Shrug> Could be getting your sites mixed up I guess? Maybe it was posted on FB and not here? Probably just me searching the wrong term I guess :?
Advanced search, author Valorian_Seneschal, keyword "booth"

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9099&p=133388&hilit=booth#p133388

That said, I am baffled by the complaint in the first place. Loads of booths have random promo tchotkes at cons, it's just a cute surprise, not some sort of special chase item. Why WOULD they advertise/announce it? It's not like DF didn't advertise that there was going to be a booth at GenCon, and no one was going to suddenly get hotel and plane and con tickets (were they even available at that point?) just to get a tiny promo giveaway anvil.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:40 pm

I vaguely remember seeing the post pre-Gencon, but I am sure it was in another thread that could have easily been missed.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:31 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
dice4hire wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm
Another steller example of DF communication .....
We did announce on here that we had a special gift for backers who came by the booth. We did not say specifically what it would be so that it could be a fun surprise.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:02 pm

dice4hire wrote:
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:51 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:25 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 pm
I don't dare paint mine yet; if I ever decide to I'd want to mod it to have a LED inside and have an anvil with glowing runes.
Now THAT would be cool!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 pm

I don't dare paint mine yet; if I ever decide to I'd want to mod it to have a LED inside and have an anvil with glowing runes.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned