Dais platform and LED floor question

realarete
Orc
Orc

Re: Dais platform and LED floor question

Post by realarete » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:40 am

I agree with Mr Vego, those are the same piece. When the Underdog ( EDIT: Underdoom! its only an underdog in my book ...) video was made the operating LED basalt floor was at GenCon so visually there is probably a difference in what you are seeing in the 1st/14th encounter videos (as each pc was hand made) but the actual final product will be the same piece. I think there are several things that will operate well with that floor ... and likely pieces from other KS too because that's how these devilish Dwarven minds work .... compatibility!

In my final pledge I ended up throwing ADV pack 1 in to get that thing ... while not overly loving the LEDs they have really grown on me ... mostly from looking at pictures on the forums here ... Thanks guys ... lol.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Dais platform and LED floor question

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 am

I am confident it is the same piece.

I have no idea if there is a removable piece.

Remember the pieces used in the videos and throughout the kickstarter are resin prototypes. They were made by hand by the Dwarven Forge staff.

Ken Mattson
Goblin
Goblin

Dais platform and LED floor question

Post by Ken Mattson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 am

After re-watching the videos of the encounters, I have a question about the LED floor used for the dais platform. In the underdoom video, the dais platform seemed to fit INSIDE the LED floor, not resting on top. The other videos where the LED floor exists(1st and 13th encounters) show a translucent insert in the middle that seems to be missing from the underdoom video.

So, will the LED floor in the underdoom adv pack have this translucent insert ? Is it removable ?

I’m close to buying the underdoom adv pack, but would like to know if the LED floor is the same as the one in encounter 1, or if it has a blank space in the middle for the dias platform to fit into. Would be less usable as a floor for other builds if the middle insert wasn't there. Would also be nice to know if that middle insert was removable on the floor I’m getting for encounter 1.