Resin Lakes and Rivers Sets!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Re: Resin Lakes and Rivers Sets!

Post by Pizzabagel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm

...nope, nothing in my stocking yet.

I guess I have been sorta bad this year. ☹️

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm

I don't understand... i haven't gotten my email yet ?!?!?

On the other hand one of the sets is already on eBay so if i don't win the lottery, i can always pony up $600

*sigh*
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:30 am

Riley wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:20 am
What email address do the invitations come from?

For whitelisting/spam folder bypass purposes.

Thanks!
"Michelle McGriff" <customersupport@dwarvenforge.com>
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 am

I bought a worn but still-quite-pretty resin Lake Set on eBay this summer for $170.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 am

For the record we went with the Expansion, but it was crazy close with the river. Now how to get a core Lake set?!?!?!? ...without paying $1,000,000?

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:20 am

What email address do the invitations come from?

For whitelisting/spam folder bypass purposes.

Thanks!

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 am

Good pic, yeah they totally work together. It's not 100% but it definitely close enough for me. We are now leaning more towards the Expansion set... lol! maybe one day we'll snag a Lake set to with it.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 am

There’s nice pictures of Dwarvenite and Resin water together here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10052&p=150194&hil ... er#p150194

The breakdown of pieces in the expansion and river sets is in the DF wiki:

http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... avern_Sets

Both sets work best, for me, alongside the core Lake Set; which works best as a stand-alone or with Dwarvenite water would come down to personal preference.
Last edited by Riley on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:30 am

We have 2 sets of the Dwarvenite water but no resin so this would need to work with that. Any thoughts, river or expansion? We are leaning towards the river.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:26 am

geekjeff wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:03 am
For those with more old school resin experience, what are people's thoughts on which set is most versatile use standalone or mix with Dwarvenite caverns, if you never managed to snag another?

Lake Expansion seems best with a base Lake set of course, but I could also see it being useful for the sunken bottom-most tier of a multi elevation build.

River set has those cool multi-use walls, and the bridge and some nice decor - but also just screams out for 2+ sets.

Seems like a really tough call. (Open water is probably out for anyone without existing Lake sets.)
Having one or more of each, and having used them all here are my thoughts :

Open water set is very useful building on a lake set to make larger lakes. It can also be used "negative space"-style with say a Mountain set to make a stream or lake in a crater etc. No wrong answer (its rein! :D ). The tiles also work VERY well with Dwarvenite lake tiles, from whatever KS they came from. The 4x4 resin are a perfect match to 4 2x2's in the dwarvenite. So you can easily expand a dwarvenite lake with these resin tiles.

River Set ( tbf its my favorite set from DF ...) has so much versatility using the freestanding walls, or the multitude of small building pieces that come with it. Skull totems are a nice touch, the "cone shaped" falls or stream source is very useful. The river itself is beautiful, but one set is limiting in its build options ... can easily be used with the other water tiles from KS2 ? The banks of all the resin water are slightly beefier than the dwarvenite tiles in thickness, but they still function so nicely together. ohhhh and there's a bridge too .... :o

Lake Expansion This is a really nice set, made better if you have a Lake set ... that said, if you have the dwarvenite water, then this will compliment it and give greater build options. There are some fantastic pieces in this set, however it lacks banks parts .... its really meant to make a lake larger or have additional features (shallows. etc). There are some super cool cavernous stairs, and a neat skull archway in this set ( with a removable door) so you get some great fluff pieces too ...

Congrats to those that have gotten an email! If you don't have any resin sets in water, I hope this helps a little ....