KS7 what do you think it will be about?

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS7 what do you think it will be about?

Post by lostpict » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Oldent wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:02 pm
Beans

Stefan Pokorny Thank you everybody for your continuing faith and patronage in our efforts! Every Campaign I feel blessed and humbled by all the support for what we do all year long! We have already started to consider what we are going to do next year...BEANS: ....more Wilderness! .... some attention to City Builder ...
Exactly what I want to hear. I largely gave KS6 a pass (if $900 is a pass), bought some more sewers, and saved my simoleons for more CBS. I know that in the land of D&D the minis are expected to fight with 5' diameter disks attached to their feet, but in the real world the basic 20'×20' CBS house would have been very roomy in the medieaval world. That said I am looking forward to all that Stefan described. Better save up some filthy lucre.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Runeweaver wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:55 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 pm

I would be very interested in more CBS that allowed different shaped rooms, added lots of bling, and made variant builds easier.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Yes, agreed. I am just on the cusp of dropping my CBS (and I have an empire pledge) because I’m tired of the square buildings. The playability of them is greatly diminished because the inside is too small to be functional. I far prefer, and still use, the older MBS versions. I’m holding on to my CBS right now hoping that it will go down this route as I think it has promise, but needs considerable fleshing out. I appreciate CBS, but I consider them only half modular at this point. Most of what can be made from them are blockish structures, while everything else that is DF is so much more modular. CBS was a bold move for DF, and one thatI think they needed to make. I’m just hoping for more from it.

I'm using Runeweaver's post as a proxy for the ones that followed, too.

I use mosly 15mm figs, and for them, with 15mm accessories, CBS is fine. Basically for 25mm, you have to make a room 2 CBS floors x 2 CBS floors. However, you can do that easily enough.

I disagree somewhat on blockishness. We build CBS with differnetn roofs (I have a "glass" roof for conservatories!) and by having balconies, bridges and even overhanging rooms that jut out (as many medieval buildings did). Courtyards help too. But that said, round walls and the ability to to half-size additions for, say, pantries or closets, with a half-shed roof for it, would make the city less blocky.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:13 am

I use this resin set all of the time.

Making the beer cast part of the wall and the bar 3/4 inch would add an inch and a1/4 space.If a small 1/8 inch slot was added to the base of the bar and wall we could have room for the base of a miniature and get back 1/4 inch.

I am looking forward to seeing Gold Coin Inn, Red Beards Tavern.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:49 am
We think that interiors will be fleshed out such that you can reproduce the internal layout seen in Oldents picture.

Creating wall inserts would allow for a lot of flexibility for external and internal looks.

Internals are always going to be a problem if you want a realistic look and feel, they just get too cramped when you start adding décor and furniture and then fingers!

Its different with dungeons and caverns in that there are no externals to worry about. CBS and Castles have to look good from the outside and be big enough to play in on the inside - realism and fantasy clash and as a player you have to make your choice.

Hopefully KSVII will give us the ability to easily make bigger rooms with needing corner posts every few inches. The ability to create higher ceiling would help.

Hoping to see more variety of building looks including roofs and bigger more elaborate roofs.

Still itching to see what their plans are for castles without creating a brand new castle set.
The internals can get very fiddly.

The tall wall sections were difficult to play around.16 parts was an issue.

When I use this location for a role play adventure I plan to add some more rooms and include some custom parts.I would like six more open arches,
I think bookshelves would make great additions to the open arches

Adding the kitchen details to the walls would free up a lot of space.LED ire place? Making the wardrobe part of the wall would also be a good idea. Making the wardrobe a secret door would be very cool!

More furniture designed to fit would also be a good idea.LED fire places as part of the wall would be nice.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:49 am

We think that interiors will be fleshed out such that you can reproduce the internal layout seen in Oldents picture.

Creating wall inserts would allow for a lot of flexibility for external and internal looks.

Internals are always going to be a problem if you want a realistic look and feel, they just get too cramped when you start adding décor and furniture and then fingers!

Its different with dungeons and caverns in that there are no externals to worry about. CBS and Castles have to look good from the outside and be big enough to play in on the inside - realism and fantasy clash and as a player you have to make your choice.

Hopefully KSVII will give us the ability to easily make bigger rooms with needing corner posts every few inches. The ability to create higher ceiling would help.

Hoping to see more variety of building looks including roofs and bigger more elaborate roofs.

Still itching to see what their plans are for castles without creating a brand new castle set.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Maybe some solid floor packs in tudor and stone to tide us over?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Stefan said this in a comment on FB almost a week ago:
"Thank you everybody for your continuing faith and patronage in our efforts! Every Campaign I feel blessed and humbled by all the support for what we do all year long! We have already started to consider what we are going to do next year...BEANS: Yes, more Wilderness! And also some attention to City Builder and Castles! As I am designing all the interiors for Castles, Inn’s, Fort’s etc, that will appear in the MYTHRAS Sourcebook I am getting frustrated with what I can do with the interiors, where I can put corridors, how to configure the insides of the houses and Castles...so Nate and I (and the team) are working hard to add more versatility to the interiors of all these structures! Secret Doors! Tudor 2”x 4” style, 2”x 2” spiral stairs, smaller spaces (closets) garderobes, and more...so when the Mythras Sourcebook comes out, you will be able to build to exact specs the Castle Of Valoria! (Castle Crag), Temple of Khrom, Gold Coin Inn, Red Beards Tavern, etc....👹"

I wouldn't sell your CBS, Runeweaver. :)
104 Resin and 205 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:32 am
While i do use CBS for interiors I use it far more for exteriors, and will probably continue to do it. Making the interior of a tavern, for example, large enough for a good bar fight would use up too much of my CBS and streets to build much of a city around it.

CBS is great for exteriors though, running around in the streets with occasional balcony or rooftop fights.
I'm the same way and I think many others are too. CBS looks amazing for street battles or making villages, but I almost always use basic dungeon tiles for interior city battles due to the building sizes and versatility.

I made a large open Tavern interior once using CBS. It used almost all of my wood floor tiles, and I had to be creative to hide all of the open stairwells and trapdoors. If KS7 could make CBS interiors more doable, I'd be super interested.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:32 am

While i do use CBS for interiors I use it far more for exteriors, and will probably continue to do it. Making the interior of a tavern, for example, large enough for a good bar fight would use up too much of my CBS and streets to build much of a city around it.

CBS is great for exteriors though, running around in the streets with occasional balcony or rooftop fights.

As for a new Ks with city stuff, I am all for it. But i must admit my attention is still drawn more strongly to wilderness tiles.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:55 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 pm

I would be very interested in more CBS that allowed different shaped rooms, added lots of bling, and made variant builds easier.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Yes, agreed. I am just on the cusp of dropping my CBS (and I have an empire pledge) because I’m tired of the square buildings. The playability of them is greatly diminished because the inside is too small to be functional. I far prefer, and still use, the older MBS versions. I’m holding on to my CBS right now hoping that it will go down this route as I think it has promise, but needs considerable fleshing out. I appreciate CBS, but I consider them only half modular at this point. Most of what can be made from them are blockish structures, while everything else that is DF is so much more modular. CBS was a bold move for DF, and one thatI think they needed to make. I’m just hoping for more from it.