Pre-orders for Streets, Catacombs, and/or Sewers

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
John D
Orc
Orc

Re: Pre-orders for Streets, Catacombs, and/or Sewers

Post by John D » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Really nice blend of pieces, Oldent!

I also like the floors and steps that you made. I have 2 sets of Cat 1's (plus a single Cat 2 in the mail), and I'm starving for floors.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:04 am

GODofwar wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 am
I think I have 2 of each. I have never needed more - but I use Catacombs and most of the other special sets only as parts of a larger dungeon, never as a stand-along large dungeon. In other words, players don't get to a Catacomb via a long set of Catacomb corridors. I use normal dungeon or cavern for that.

This works for me. In fact I even use KS6 that way, bought very little of the basic sets (a bit too little in fact, I need a bit more).

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
I agree when using the sets as part of a normal dungeon.

You may need more to follow a theme. This is one of the Zombie board game maps.

Some effort is need for the doors to fit in the correct sections.

This took three of the Inn sets because of the number of doors and corners.

The corner walls are used as section dividers/rooms.

The DOD temple will work well for this room too.

The custom sections were created with both Hirst Arts and 4 bot Industry molds.

prepaint

core

There are no advanced builder parts for catacombs so I created my own from 4 bot cast .

Mixing the tile styles helps them blend with different sets.

I believe the plain corners are often more useful than the LED corners.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 am

I think I have 2 of each. I have never needed more - but I use Catacombs and most of the other special sets only as parts of a larger dungeon, never as a stand-along large dungeon. In other words, players don't get to a Catacomb via a long set of Catacomb corridors. I use normal dungeon or cavern for that.

This works for me. In fact I even use KS6 that way, bought very little of the basic sets (a bit too little in fact, I need a bit more).

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:37 pm

I will say with just the 2 C1s I've had for a little while now I've gotten some really cool builds out of them, I can only see the 2 C2s adding to it in a very positive way. I'll have to see if I end up often with odd pieces out, but I don't think that'll be the case.

Tenbears
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tenbears » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Oldent wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 pm
Tenbears wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:23 pm
How many sets is about right of Catacombs sets 1 and 2 for a party's evening stroll? After I ordered the 2 of C1 and 2 of C2, I saw Law's post that the ratio should really be 2:1 for C1:C2. (Ugh)

My logic was that C1 has been in the store a while but I think the C2 are overstocks from pre-orders. That's why I grabbed 2 of them now.

TB
I agree that two to one is generally a good idea except that I use more of the square corners than the round. If you can not get the sold out corners any other way you need at least two of c2.
Once these arrive I'll have 2 of each type. Unfortunately the floors and corner pieces are all sold out at the moment but as you mention I am getting two sets of Cat 2. I would rather get additional pieces that I need through the store but I don't see any word of when those two accessories will restock. It does look like opinions vary on whether C1 or C2 is the backbone of the Catacombs series but I am getting that they both were solid additions to the DF line.

First off though I think will monitor this thread and play with the coolness that I have coming and see for myself.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Tenbears wrote:
How many sets is about right of Catacombs sets 1 and 2 for a party's evening stroll? After I ordered the 2 of C1 and 2 of C2, I saw Law's post that the ratio should really be 2:1 for C1:C2. (Ugh)

My logic was that C1 has been in the store a while but I think the C2 are overstocks from pre-orders. That's why I grabbed 2 of them now.

TB
I agree that two to one is generally a good idea except that I use more of the square corners than the round. If you can not get the sold out corners any other way you need at least two of c2.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:53 pm

I previously got 2 C1s and today I'm getting 2 C2s plus 1 Altar and 1 Tomb. I think this will be nice with the 2 C1s which I really like.
What I need is some DOE passages and rooms and a Cavern Lake!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Tenbears wrote:

TB
My theory is; More is always better... ;)

Have you seen the 4x4 floor tiles (sold out right now) and 6" LED walls (now in stock and very cool 8-) ) in the Classic Resin Sets - Accessories section?
https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collections/accessories - The second row is all Catacombs additions.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Tenbears
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tenbears » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:23 pm

TB

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 am

Tenbears wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:13 am
Thanks for the heads up on a possible restock pop today Michelle! Totally scored two sets of Cats 1 AND Cats 2 today.

I was SORT of on the fence until I saw that catacombs build UNDER a city. /Opens Wallet - Just take it, take it all.
This was the temptation that also got me hooked on Resin. Bought one Catacombs 1 set, soon followed by another C1 and a C2.

Now, a few years later, I've snagged two Woodlands and am starting to build a small Den of Evil collection. Not sure if there's anything else in resin that will tempt me (RoTA?), but glad I picked up these sets since there's nothing quite like them in Dwarvenite.

Welcome to the addiction, part 2. ;)