KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2600
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:20 am

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Note: Your friendly Trog Lawyer Weasel points out that this cleverly worded statement
....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt


viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7298&p=96027&hilit ... tor#p96027
....

By the way have you ever noticed no one ever role plays a lawyer #justsaying*

...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7298&p=96027&hilit ... tor#p96027

Ahem. Just to make the point...above is the Forum topic on an entire complicated RPG centering around...hold your breath...a LITIGATOR. IE, a lawyer.

That's ok. Rabbit's have tiny little...memories.

And then...what William said!!


The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt


Thanks for the link GoW :) enjoyed reading through that excellent thread.

Fabulous imagination to come up with your adventure (Laws pictures were very cool too).

Looks like you had a shed load of fun with it, loved the Litigator performing blood sacrifices, just slightly disappointed he was not a vampire ;)
Great use of the two headed croc.

Please don't forget that we are Mythrassian Lagomorphs which are much more evolved than your average Terran Bunny with much greater cranial capacity, that combined with the power of the Hivemind there is almost nothing we don't have an opinion on!
William wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm
...
By the way have you ever noticed no one ever role plays a lawyer #justsaying*

....

....

Also,........................................ No one ever chose 'lawyer' as a character class, ............................. but .................................................. almost every player 'plays' a lawyer. :lol:
So true :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

User avatar
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 4070
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm
Location: Nagoya Japan

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 pm

I look forward to seeing some of their non KS stuff. Hopefully it is a kind of preorder, or something for direct to retail, and not just promotional stuff.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:01 am
If you squint really hard at the image it makes your eyes hurt :(

But we think it might be the thorn patch or maybe (finger crossed) Doom the imps limp body (that will teach him to nom on innocent bunnies)
Note: Your friendly Trog Lawyer Weasel points out that this cleverly worded statement excludes NON-innocent bunnies (say, dreadful hivemind lagomorphids, by way of example only and not exclusion.....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7298&p=96027&hilit ... tor#p96027
Why would there be non innocent bunnies? no realy what could we be possibly guilty of?

By the way have you ever noticed no one ever role plays a lawyer #justsaying*

* Please note 'g' added to the hashtag for William - stay strong buddy :)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7298&p=96027&hilit ... tor#p96027

Ahem. Just to make the point...above is the Forum topic on an entire complicated RPG centering around...hold your breath...a LITIGATOR. IE, a lawyer.

That's ok. Rabbit's have tiny little...memories.

And then...what William said!!


The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

User avatar
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 3196
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Kent, WA
Contact:

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by William » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm
...
By the way have you ever noticed no one ever role plays a lawyer #justsaying*

* Please note 'g' added to the hashtag for William - stay strong buddy :)

I actually like sayin', but spell check doesn't. ;)

Also,........................................ No one ever chose 'lawyer' as a character class, ............................. but .................................................. almost every player 'plays' a lawyer. :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2600
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:01 am
If you squint really hard at the image it makes your eyes hurt :(

But we think it might be the thorn patch or maybe (finger crossed) Doom the imps limp body (that will teach him to nom on innocent bunnies)
Note: Your friendly Trog Lawyer Weasel points out that this cleverly worded statement excludes NON-innocent bunnies (say, dreadful hivemind lagomorphids, by way of example only and not exclusion.....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Why would there be non innocent bunnies? no realy what could we be possibly guilty of?

By the way have you ever noticed no one ever role plays a lawyer #justsaying*

* Please note 'g' added to the hashtag for William - stay strong buddy :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:01 am
If you squint really hard at the image it makes your eyes hurt :(

But we think it might be the thorn patch or maybe (finger crossed) Doom the imps limp body (that will teach him to nom on innocent bunnies)
Note: Your friendly Trog Lawyer Weasel points out that this cleverly worded statement excludes NON-innocent bunnies (say, dreadful hivemind lagomorphids, by way of example only and not exclusion.....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

User avatar
GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:27 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:55 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm
I think we need a little clarification.

If you watch the behind-the-scenes video about the Maze Arcana Yawning Portal build, Nate states that they are doing some special custom projects this year. We don't necessarily know if these non-KS projects are going to be for retail sale or if they are PR opportunities for streaming and cons.
*tears*

And all these will be lost to us, like tears in the rain.

*dies dramatically*

User avatar
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm
Location: South Weber, UT

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm

I think we need a little clarification.

If you watch the behind-the-scenes video about the Maze Arcana Yawning Portal build, Nate states that they are doing some special custom projects this year. We don't necessarily know if these non-KS projects are going to be for retail sale or if they are PR opportunities for streaming and cons.
104 Resin and 205 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

User avatar
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 pm
Woah!

lava flow.jpg

* this is from the Dwarven Quarterly email.
I read the article say this was a teaser/bean of a non-kickstarter project.
You're right, I misread that section!

In a way, it's possibly even more exciting to see DF release new terrain outside of a KS, particularly when it's a potential expansion to existing terrain (lava flow expansion for caverns?). Many here have been clamoring for them to expand beyond (or return to the past, depending on your perspective) the KS model and this appears to be a dramatic first step.

I'm holding my judgement until more is revealed. I also have some lava caverns and it remains to be seen if this is complementary to lava caverns, a replacement, or something nice, but totally separate.
I agree. This is exciting news and i look forward to this and future developments!

User avatar
GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:27 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 pm
Woah!

lava flow.jpg

* this is from the Dwarven Quarterly email.
I read the article say this was a teaser/bean of a non-kickstarter project.
You're right, I misread that section!

In a way, it's possibly even more exciting to see DF release new terrain outside of a KS, particularly when it's a potential expansion to existing terrain (lava flow expansion for caverns?). Many here have been clamoring for them to expand beyond (or return to the past, depending on your perspective) the KS model and this appears to be a dramatic first step.

I'm holding my judgement until more is revealed. I also have some lava caverns and it remains to be seen if this is complementary to lava caverns, a replacement, or something nice, but totally separate.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests