KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS7 Wildlands unoffical teaser and bean pics topic

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:54 am

MrMorden wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 am
GardenDM wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 am
I like where you're going with this!

So the natural conclusion then is that this isn't a "lava pack", but a "transition pack" that will include various pieces to transition to each terrain tray type (lava, acid, necrotic, etc.). Each could be styled differently to suite the material type (e.g. Lava flow from a crack in the wall, necrotic pouring out of a negative energy portal, etc.).
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Transitions and sources type thing. A wall piece with a pipe dumping acid down to an acid terrain tray, the lava wall flowing lava down to a lava terrain tray, that kind of thing. There could even be a couple of different style options for each TT type. I hope this is the case, it would make for some fun and exciting pieces.
Yeah, it's pure speculation at this point, but I'm excited for this concept! :)

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 am

GardenDM wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 am

So the natural conclusion then is that this isn't a "lava pack", but a "transition pack" that will include various pieces to transition to each terrain tray type (lava, acid, necrotic, etc.). Each could be styled differently to suite the material type (e.g. Lava flow from a crack in the wall, necrotic pouring out of a negative energy portal, etc.).
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Transitions and sources type thing. A wall piece with a pipe dumping acid down to an acid terrain tray, the lava wall flowing lava down to a lava terrain tray, that kind of thing. There could even be a couple of different style options for each TT type. I hope this is the case, it would make for some fun and exciting pieces.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 am

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 am

I wonder if that new lava piece is some kind of transition piece, like the water transition piece in Caverns Deep for going from water tiles to negative space water. This could be something similar for lava. DF seems all in on negative space and terrain trays (as am I, frankly), so it would be an odd pivot for them to start offering new lava bits that don't leverage those kinds of builds.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 am

That lava is indeed nice, whatever the material.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 am

KS-2 lava didn't do anything for me, so I passed.
This piece on the other hand is closer to the resin line and I would highly consider getting them. :)
Lighted lava, hmmmm........... that's a big, YES.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

RisingSeraph
Goblin
Goblin

Post by RisingSeraph » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:03 am

It looks like that lava piece could be illuminated. Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks for the link GoW :) enjoyed reading through that excellent thread.

Fabulous imagination to come up with your adventure (Laws pictures were very cool too).

Looks like you had a shed load of fun with it, loved the Litigator performing blood sacrifices, just slightly disappointed he was not a vampire ;)
Great use of the two headed croc.

Please don't forget that we are Mythrassian Lagomorphs which are much more evolved than your average Terran Bunny with much greater cranial capacity, that combined with the power of the Hivemind there is almost nothing we don't have an opinion on!
END

Rabbit, we did have a lot of fun with LLLL. Took a long time to set up but worth it.

Vampire seemed too trope - I did consider it!

TLW
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm

thebigteacher wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 pm
I think, with the demand, a water themed set would be a great choice for a new resin.
Oh, the demand is there. Apparently the production capabilities are not. :( (At least from what I've heard.)
104 Resin and 205 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 pm

I think, with the demand, a water themed set would be a great choice for a new resin.