LCD Mod

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Re: LCD Mod

Post by jazzman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:50 pm

The electronics are too big for the new screen to fit in a 2x2 area. The search continues.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:57 pm

jazzman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am
The 2.4 inch diagonal one I ordered should be about 1.75 inches wide.
I didn't think about the measurement being like a TV, but then it is a screen.
So that would be an 1/8" border, to make 2". That should be nice. 8-)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am

The 2.4 inch diagonal one I ordered should be about 1.75 inches wide.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 am

Would be nice if they made a 2" square one, to fit as one tile or 4"....
and Mpeg's would be fun. ;)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 am

William wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 pm
I know that nose as Kilroy, not WOT...

Sorry,... but again, looking at the word/non-word is like a cheese grater to my mind.

I love history, but this is something more like modern-meme pop-culture infiltrating history.
The other one that just grinds on me is the "Stay calm, carry ... " meme. We today have been so spoiled to think we are in hard times compared to the Blitz and WW-I and WW-II. I will drop this now, because I'm coming across as intolerant when it's my own problem. Just hate seeing those three letters in a row, my own thing to deal with. :) ;)

EDIT - it just struck me,... maybe it's something to do with WOTC, ... :?:
Yes the Chad was also associated with 'Kilroy was here' and also known as a Kilroy.

The thing with history, if its happening now then it will become part of history, you don't have to like it though ;) what right now is lazy finger typing is a reflection of todays culture and will become part of our history.

Have to agree that certain things just resonate as wrong, like auto-freaking-correct :)
We cant even bring ourselves to use 'pic' instead of 'picture'. So will officially retire 'wot' as its history meaning has now been revealed :)

Btw did you try saying it out loud in cockney accent? its probably best doing it with a belligerent or aggressive attitude - try saying 'Wot you looking at?'

In a blatant attempt to get back on point:
jazzman wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:40 pm
I just ordered a 2.4 inch diagonal screen frame to try. $10 on the bay. Worried the electronics will be too big. But hey, what the hell. Can't find one that small that does MPEG video.
Looking forward to see you can do with this jazzman :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 pm

I know that nose as Kilroy, not WOT...

Sorry,... but again, looking at the word/non-word is like a cheese grater to my mind.

I love history, but this is something more like modern-meme pop-culture infiltrating history.
The other one that just grinds on me is the "Stay calm, carry ... " meme. We today have been so spoiled to think we are in hard times compared to the Blitz and WW-I and WW-II. I will drop this now, because I'm coming across as intolerant when it's my own problem. Just hate seeing those three letters in a row, my own thing to deal with. :) ;)

EDIT - it just struck me,... maybe it's something to do with WOTC, ... :?:

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:51 pm
William wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am
….

On another note - Sorry RB, but... :roll:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 am
wot Oldent said
Rabbit are all of you under teen aged? I know at least a few of you are much older,... get control of those kids who are posting sometimes lately. They seem posting a bit sub-par from your typical standards. ;) :lol:

"What" only requires (1) one more letter and that abbreviation comes across as lazy (imo :? ), not hip or cool .
The Forum is not twitter, where brevity is somewhat a necessity. I wanted to mention this when I noticed it in the 'Greetings' area, but thought harping about grammar in that thread, just didn't feel right. ;) I know I'm far from fluent in my native tongue, I prove that almost daily, but laziness is irritating. So please harp on me for the pictures and tutorials I'm behind on posting, I need the kick in my arse. It just eats a tiny bit of my brain every time I see 'wot'. I wish I could let it go, but I tried and failed miserably. :lol: ................ I'll diminish now. :| :oops:
So this is not laziness .....honest, but an attempt to bring some proper culture to the forum with a nod to the days of Empire, well WWII ;) and the phrase needs saying out loud in a cockney accent and not a Dick Van Dyke cockerrnee accent.

It is defined as:
In World War Two, the UK was undergoing rationing, where civilians could only get a certain amount of food to ensure that everyone at least got some. "Mr Chad" was a graffiti character, who would ask "Wot no X?" with X being something that the artist couldn't get hold of due to rationing.

We wholeheartedly agree with using proper English, US or preferably The Queens English with its needless 'u's :)

We oft try to add obscure cultural references in our posts, but they can be a little left field ;)
Wow, I learned something...from a rabbit...er, lagomorph hivemind! Neat.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:40 pm

I just ordered a 2.4 inch diagonal screen frame to try. $10 on the bay. Worried the electronics will be too big. But hey, what the hell. Can't find one that small that does MPEG video.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:51 pm

William wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am
….

Rabbit Burner wrote:
wot Oldent said
Rabbit are all of you under teen aged? I know at least a few of you are much older,... get control of those kids who are posting sometimes lately. They seem posting a bit sub-par from your typical standards. ;) :lol:

"What" only requires (1) one more letter and that abbreviation comes across as lazy (imo :? ), not hip or cool .
The Forum is not twitter, where brevity is somewhat a necessity. I wanted to mention this when I noticed it in the 'Greetings' area, but thought harping about grammar in that thread, just didn't feel right. ;) I know I'm far from fluent in my native tongue, I prove that almost daily, but laziness is irritating. So please harp on me for the pictures and tutorials I'm behind on posting, I need the kick in my arse. It just eats a tiny bit of my brain every time I see 'wot'. I wish I could let it go, but I tried and failed miserably. :lol: ................ I'll diminish now. :| :oops:
So this is not laziness .....honest, but an attempt to bring some proper culture to the forum with a nod to the days of Empire, well WWII ;) and the phrase needs saying out loud in a cockney accent and not a Dick Van Dyke cockerrnee accent.

It is defined as:
In World War Two, the UK was undergoing rationing, where civilians could only get a certain amount of food to ensure that everyone at least got some. "Mr Chad" was a graffiti character, who would ask "Wot no X?" with X being something that the artist couldn't get hold of due to rationing.

We wholeheartedly agree with using proper English, US or preferably The Queens English with its needless 'u's :)

We oft try to add obscure cultural references in our posts, but they can be a little left field ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am

Cool creation jazzman, I think a bigger screen would be better too. But hey, we can't get everything we want. ;)

Rabbit Burner wrote:
wot Oldent said