Ideas for upcoming kickstarters

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Ideas for upcoming kickstarters

Post by William » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 pm

I have a very small idea I can't seem to find.
A Hall-tree or two with canes and things in it and a few different Coat-racks... that's all. ..................... well maybe a wall mounted coat-rack with a magnet. ;)

EDIT -
O.K. - what about DF art (from the minds in Valoria) in mini picture frames with magnets. :shock:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
i tried this - and it works!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3897&p=64220#p78569

this picture is missing from the original post:

verystable.jpg

thats just blue tac and a corner stair bit - plus i pushed the floor out WAY more than 5 feet (just to see if it would tip) - but i think a corbelled wall would be awesome - if they did it as a CBS wall insert, then the posts would support the cantilevered weight no problem
Ooh, nice. You could also do it as a variant corner post instead of a wall insert? There are some ramifications on versatility there. Heck, I guess you could offer both and get maximum value and stability. But that one tiny thing alone (along with an advanced builder set for Tudor) would go far towards making the cities more variable. Would also like some street ramps to allow you do to multi level builds easier.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm

i tried this - and it works!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3897&p=64220#p78569

this picture is missing from the original post:
verystable.jpg
verystable.jpg (39.67 KiB) Viewed 274 times
thats just blue tac and a corner stair bit - plus i pushed the floor out WAY more than 5 feet (just to see if it would tip) - but i think a corbelled wall would be awesome - if they did it as a CBS wall insert, then the posts would support the cantilevered weight no problem
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:45 pm

I haven't looked at the KS yet, but if the second picture is from it, I love the way the wood frame portion of the buildings cantilever out past the stone foundation walls. They did this a lot in the past.
Sure hope DF does a few city expansions in the future, there is so much to add to a city scene. Different styles and shapes to flesh out for ever... ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm

I saw that too, and was almost tempted until I noticed the 3x3 format (plus I don't really want to get into yet another custom clip system). But I do really appreciate how organic the resulting builds look.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Ideas for upcoming kickstarters

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:33 pm

I know there are plenty of 3D printed terrain options on Kickstarter these days, but this one caught my eye. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... f=activity) I'm not backing it because I don't have a 3D printer, and I don't think the textures are detailed enough. I also really dislike how they do castle walls. However, it has some things that now that I've seen them, I really, REALLY want DF to do the next time we re-visit cities.

merchant shopfronts.JPG
merchant shopfronts.JPG (43.3 KiB) Viewed 342 times
lamps.JPG
lamps.JPG (115.24 KiB) Viewed 342 times
Freestanding Tudor Walls.JPG
Freestanding Tudor Walls.JPG (13.64 KiB) Viewed 342 times

The biggest thing that caught my eye was the merchant shopfronts. I would LOVE to be able to make something akin to Diagon Alley. It would bring a lot of character to the DF cities. I can see a whole new line of tudor and stone as well (maybe even in slightly different colors) so there is more variety between different buildings. If any campaign would have the best reason to had new sculpts and paint palettes, it's cities. Not all buildings look the same! :)

Additionally, it looks like this kickstarter is doing one thing I tried to see if DF could do in KS5, the double window (or insert) corner. I'm still hoping for this in a future dungeon kickstarter.

double window.JPG
double window.JPG (5.49 KiB) Viewed 342 times
104 Resin and 205 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned