PM Reopening

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: PM Reopening

Post by zenako » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:39 am

If I did not already have over half of the large paint bundle (I would have added that one) that would be a good place to start for someone with a Pokorny paint deficit. Also think about the Underdoom bundle, that has a lot of interesting colors (at least for me) which is why I did add that one.

realarete
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by realarete » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 am

Added Hazard overlays ... too cool to pass on, and a pack of the wilderness grid over lays.

QUESTION: Is the only difference between the wilderness grid ( X's) and the other grid ( Full solid lines) the amount of lines? I assume both of the sheets are clear, same size etc? I prefer the hash marks to the solid lines. The actual difference is just the GRID?

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:00 am

I'm pretty sure another difference is that the wilderness grid is 1 inch "squares," matching cities, castles, and (apparently) trees, while the regular grid is 25 millimeter squares, matching dungeons and caverns.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:06 am

Rabbit Burner wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 am Sorry we got our own problems :(

Anyway he always rolls a 20 so AS will be fine

In the meantime we solved the more forest trays and overlays conundrum by not getting any :D (ahhh smug mode)

To be fair the reason we are not getting anyforest trays is because we bought many many forest tiles ....

Our problem is paint sets which to get for general terrain painting use as everyone who uses them raves about them.
RB, I don't think they ship them across the pond. I heard you might be visiting DF HQ this year? Just ask to pick them up on site. You'll love them; they adhere and cover really well and last forever! (Well, almost...)

Save vs. Doom...... failed. :roll:
101 Resin and 295 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

realarete
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by realarete » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Ugh I forgot there are different grid sizes for different sets. Smart...... :shock:

I guess I just go with the cross-hair style and hope they work for everything. Thanks for the info patransom!

GardenDM
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GardenDM » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Yeah, would love to see DF do a quick layout using the cross-hair template with dungeon tiles!

realarete
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by realarete » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:53 pm

GardenDM wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:46 pm Yeah, would love to see DF do a quick layout using the cross-hair template with dungeon tiles!
I would love that as well!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:09 pm

I am sure that on the table the minor differences in overlay sizes will not be too bad. I hope so as I am only getting wilderness myself.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:11 pm

I can see both sides of the alignment issue. It can be easily solved by just putting pieces over the edge of the overlay to make them adjust back to 50mm grids, but it can also cause issues in large maps, which is what Dreadhollow is supposed to be about.

Further evidence though that I think the 1" scale in KS3 was a mistake and they should have stuck with 50mm instead. While no two pieces are exactly the same, most averaged around 50mm. I'm still baffled why it even happened... oh well. Dead horse and all that. While I'm beating the horse, I wish Dreadhollow was on a 4x4 grid. Here's hoping for 3x1 and 1x1 forest tiles to allow it in KS7.
101 Resin and 295 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Yeah, it was a big mistake for DF to change the scale, and apparently this problem will never go away. Especially now with half of the KSes on one side of the divide and the rest on the other.

I also agree with the grid of Dreadhollow. Why 3x3? Is that trying to make it less compatible? I am sure it was a manufacturing thing, but no 1 inch wide pieces in the initial offering was odd. Here is hoping for the next KS.

Some DF design decisions baffle me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6 Discussion”