Maltese Clue Castle and more.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Maltese Clue Castle and more.

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:38 pm

I don't have a list, but I want to give my $0.02, if you don't mind.

Dwarven Forge terrain isn't really designed to be used for a single build. I guess you could argue with the encounters for the Dungeon of Doom and Caverns Deep they are pushing more towards the "Lego Set" philosophy of having a piece count to create a specific environment, but really the pieces are designed to be made into anything and everything you can think of.

I'd guess most people here try to have enough terrain to handle a wide swath of needs instead of a single area. Most people here build either 1) a few encounters at a time with a small amount of pieces or 2) have a HUGE amount of pieces (with a lot of extras) and have large dioramas.

I don't really know of anyone on here that tries to collect just enough to make one specific place; most people here want to be able to make lots of places, even if they don't use all of the pieces every time.

It's difficult to 100% accurately create maps in DF terrain due to walls and other issues that work on paper but not in the real world. As such, it's really more of an art form. Some people like to make encounters on DF terrain larger than in the modules due to the walls. Some people want it as close as possible to the map. It's all how the GM feels it should be. As such, I don't think there ever will be a specific parts list unless DF gives one out that people latch on to.

I'd count how many corners you need, then fill in the walls and floors from there. You can get some ideas from people here, but I'd still do the work on your own to get what you feel you need.
102 Resin and 210 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

TheRealBigD801
Kobold
Kobold

Maltese Clue Castle and more.

Post by TheRealBigD801 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:43 pm

After going through this scenario, I was able to claim the castle as my own. I was wondering if anyone had a clue, aka a parts breakdown list, on this build for the keep? I don’t really want to go buy a bunch of sets with extra pieces not needed. Just wondering if anyone else has bought the pieces to do this build.