Post by zenako » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:01 pm

scott102303 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 am
Oldent wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am
Much fun :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeylvWLdpq0
Oh, man! That is clever!
Got to be careful in those librarys man!! Watch which books or tomes you seek to yank off the shelf, it might yank right back!!

scott102303
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Pink Forge: from the maker of twig forge

Post by scott102303 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 am

Oldent wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am
Much fun :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeylvWLdpq0
Oh, man! That is clever!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am

OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 pm

DM Scotty made a video on the hammer texture for foam using a cinder block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Shc7h5XPZk

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:29 am

New video with more low cost options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0TaXjcDCP0

I think it is a good idea to paint the books before the glue up.Lots of low cost ideas. :idea: :idea: :idea:

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm

When I looked at the first picture, I thought the pink and blue color scheme you were painting was awesome... then I realized it was pink foam. I love pink and royal blue walls though, it reminds me of "The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun" module, which was eerie because of its pink cover.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Keep up the good work and your wife is going to ask why you need DF in the first place. :lol:
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:57 am

The Hot wire cutter gives you lots of options. I like what you have done.

"The deep walls may not be very playable"
I think the tall walls work better with wider rooms. The tall windows are cool because you can see through them from the side. Large tabbed walls would be easier to remove if they block reach.

I think a large tabbed window wall would look good at the rear of the throne wall. :idea:

I call this a horseshoe encounter location.

The tall section is the entrance. The sides taper to the front, The sides are removable when necessary.The DM should use the tall element as the DM screen. I painted the side foam sections black with house paint for the game.
zenako wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:34 am
One of my bigger concerns about using foam ends up being actual gameplay. The few times I have made something using scrap foam (often weird shapes from something we got at work), the foam parts of the setting were so light that they were too easily moved by a stray hand or sleeve and disrupted the placements. That is a huge benefit of dwarvenite, its sheer mass holds it in place quite nicely, but it can also get pretty tippy and unstable as you make your cliffs a foot high using 2" stacks. Having larger solid cliffs or features does make it less prone to falling apart.

One thing you could do to help with the alignment of the vertical tall walls is put pins in the sides to align and hold them together. Short 1/8" inch diameter or smaller pins would provide extra stability and line them up nicely. If you use the same diameter DF uses, then other combos of parts could now come into play as well.

" but it can also get pretty tippy and unstable as you make your cliffs a foot high using 2" stacks. Having larger solid cliffs or features does make it less prone to falling apart."

I think the photo illustrates the point well. With a foam cutter you can make a one piece facade. Texture it by beating it with rocks. ;) Add tabs.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:34 am

One of my bigger concerns about using foam ends up being actual gameplay. The few times I have made something using scrap foam (often weird shapes from something we got at work), the foam parts of the setting were so light that they were too easily moved by a stray hand or sleeve and disrupted the placements. That is a huge benefit of dwarvenite, its sheer mass holds it in place quite nicely, but it can also get pretty tippy and unstable as you make your cliffs a foot high using 2" stacks. Having larger solid cliffs or features does make it less prone to falling apart.

One thing you could do to help with the alignment of the vertical tall walls is put pins in the sides to align and hold them together. Short 1/8" inch diameter or smaller pins would provide extra stability and line them up nicely. If you use the same diameter DF uses, then other combos of parts could now come into play as well.

Trollface
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Trollface » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:40 am

Oops, the order got scrambled :?

Return to “Game Tiles Collector Mods”