Monster Terrain

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Monster Terrain

Post by zenako » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am

For me the only question will be at what level do I back this one.

Probably do not need/want yet another mat, especially one without grids/hexes (only the smallest one looked to have that option). I am a RPG player and not a wargamer, so on map markings are essential. (Although I do keep a yardstick handy for measuring things like range from a tower parapet to a location on the ground. So much easier than discussing all the math on the fly, since my gaming group of engineers and scientists would happily discuss the calculation for too much time!)

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Yea that is one deep well !

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am

hunter_something wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 am
I'm also pretty stoked for that well stretch goal!

In case you haven't caught it on their instagram:

well3.JPG

well4.JPG
Whew-boy, now that's a well! I'll take two please! :D

hunter_something
Goblin
Goblin

Post by hunter_something » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 am

I'm also pretty stoked for that well stretch goal!

In case you haven't caught it on their instagram:

well3.JPG
well3.JPG (50.98 KiB) Viewed 161 times
well4.JPG
well4.JPG (85.78 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:11 am

The prices on the neoprene mats have been added ($80 for 6’x4’), as have a the first few stretch goals (including autumn tree colors).

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:36 pm

The Promo Video is LIVE now. This will give you a good idea of the size of these things.

hunter_something
Goblin
Goblin

Post by hunter_something » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:19 pm

I sense a War level pledge in my future...

Based on what they've posted on social in the past, I imagine Green Trees will be the starting set. Then there will be stretch goals for Red, and then probably higher up there, stretch goals for Blue and Purple as well. If that's the case, I could easily see myself going for something like this:

4 - Green Trees
2 - Red Trees
3 - Fae Wild Trees (Blue/Purple)
4 - Large Rocks
2 - Small Rocks

The bridges are cool, but I've been 3D printing some docks that I've been really happy with, so I think I'm all set on that front.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:54 am

I like these trees, but they are about $12 per tree. My ideal price for trees is $5 or less per. I like the modular design and the fact they are pre-painted, so I might consider going a little higher for these. They do look like they'd match up well with DF trees if you wanted to fill in your DF forest a bit. But $180 for 15 trees seems a bit high to me.

And yes, I know DF trees are more expensive than these, but I didn't get any of those either. ;)

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:06 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am
I'm still lost on how these won't tip over easily. Hopefully they provide details / example videos on the KS page when it launches. I'm leaning towards "no", particularly with Dreadhollow coming.
In several close looks and hands on examinations at Adepticon, they did not seem top heavy at all. Leaf part was pretty thin, and trunk base was solid. Also because the cup of leaves fits down over the trunk quite a ways, it altogether has a pretty low center of gravity.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Riley wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:59 am
GardenDM wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am
I'm still lost on how these won't tip over easily.
Rare earth magnets and terrain trays would solve this potential problem quite decisively.

At $40 incl. shipping for 3 painted trees, a stump, and a neoprene pond/dirt patch, I’ll buy at least a couple sets to try out.
Derp! Yah, gotta remind myself at times to think more like our modding super-stars William and Oldent. Adding a few magnets is within my time/skill constraints for sure! I did the "mod" on the elevation tray boxes to add magnets for the lid, so I think I could add magnets to these tree bases, which would make them work great with the forest terrain trays. I think I'll go in for a pack or two just to see how they work and add some variety.