Orc Stronghold

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Orc Stronghold

Post by GardenDM » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Gruesome. That's how you make adventurer slaw. Slice and dice.

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 pm

Much to nice for orks.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:32 pm

I like the bars used as windows. Very cool :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Orc Stronghold

Post by fnordfriendly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I don't intend to use this for a game, I was just playing around with 4 elevation platforms and Japanese foam blocks. Here's the overview of the stronghold, pretend the Balor isn't there!

The party enters through the stone door on the lowest level, then has to traverse the two middle platforms, and finally into the warchief's chamber at the top. I made sure the orcs have the home court advantage.

The greataxe-wielding orcs are the welcoming party. They slow the party while orc archers behind the barred arches rain arrows on them. When they ascend the stairs, they'll fight savage orc hackers while polearm-wielding orcs stab at them from behind the bars.

When they finally break down the door to the next platform, they'll be charged by a dire-wolf mounted commander and his axemen. Archers from the next highest platform can target them through the barred arches above.

They'll round a corner and be ambushed by an orc assassin waiting for them, and an ogre mage guarding the final platform.

If they manage to defeat the ogre mage, they'll be welcomed by three orc heroes supported by two ballistae on a catwalk and a handful of orc archers.

The orc chieftan with his shaman and drummer support them with spells and leadership.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”