Greetings from the Forge: Part 4 The Greetening ⚔

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Greetings from the Forge: Part 4 The Greetening ⚔

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:54 am
Grab your oven mitts folks, it's about to get toasty. TWO MORE DAYS until the gates of the hellscape open! 😈🔥🤘

Here we have the natural habitat of the almost mythical Abyssal Vermilion, a genus in it's own right, there is no fossil record of any potential ancestor, this coupled with the fact that this creature has molten magma for blood leads many scientists to believe it is not of this world. Some have extrapolated that it is just the figment of imagination leaked from the furnace of the deranged artisans that work the legendary dwarvenite mines of old Brooklyn town. We think it's a Chinese secret weapon unleashed as a result of the US China war. Our youngest bunny says it's called Dave.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Twill be interesting to see how much we know about on day 1 at noon, versus SG reveals. Cost will be what it will be. Cool stuff is cool stuff (or hot in this case!).

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm wondering if it's going to be cheaper or more expensive per piece than we are expecting. Is a light tray and no LEDs in the pieces cheaper or more expensive than LEDs in all of the pieces?

I'm expecting a mix of LEDs and the light tray, but really I have no idea where pricing will be, but I would guess higher. Things always get more expensive with each KS that's been run. :(
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

ilionblaze
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ilionblaze » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 pm

At least the anticipation for the cost will soon be over! Given that the ultimate tier for Caverns Deep was $6,440, if it's half the size that's still a little over $3K. Of course half the size of CD is still pretty huge. I'm kind of wondering if this will be closer to the single Ice Catacombs or Underdoom encounter in size. Ice Catacombs were $547 painted, according to the pledge calculator, and Underdoom was $1724. That's quite a lot of wiggle room between them (I actually they were more equitable in size!) but I'd expect if it's the former people will simply go for multiple sets like they did with the early kickstarters. Heck, I guess some would if it's the later!

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Cool! Thanks!
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm
With the focus being on the Hellscape kickstarter, are we still planning on getting a Caverns Deep kickstarter update with information about the first wave of shipping and progress on the remaining sets in production?

Thanks!
Yes, please! Now that the good tradition of shipping before the next Kickstarter (at least partially) is broken, at least an update would be nice — before Hellscape starts.
Yes Tobi was working on one we are hoping to get it out today or tomorrow.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Oldent wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am
Grab your oven mitts folks, it's about to get toasty. TWO MORE DAYS until the gates of the hellscape open! 😈🔥🤘

I can hardly wait :D

I do not know if the crystal caverns will arrive in the first wave or not. I would like to see a video on how to paint them. I would be timely if we could have it during 6.66.
We will definitely not have time to do more painting videos until probably after Gen Con
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm
With the focus being on the Hellscape kickstarter, are we still planning on getting a Caverns Deep kickstarter update with information about the first wave of shipping and progress on the remaining sets in production?

Thanks!
Yes, please! Now that the good tradition of shipping before the next Kickstarter (at least partially) is broken, at least an update would be nice — before Hellscape starts.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am

I can hardly wait :D

I do not know if the crystal caverns will arrive in the first wave or not. I would like to see a video on how to paint them. I would be timely if we could have it during 6.66.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”