Galladoria Game's Hand Painted and Unpainted miniatures

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Galladoria Game's Hand Painted and Unpainted miniatures

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon May 20, 2019 7:59 am

We were happy with our docks :)
But we suspect we are easily pleased ;)

Though cannot argue they could do with a wash and highlight.
The new ones look like they got one :)

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Actually, I toss out the offer, would anyone like my docks set? Yours for the cost of shipping if you have a use for it! I will sneak out a few bits to use for variety and the pelican mini, but I don't want the whole thing sitting on my shelf doing no one any good just because I am an unreasonable terrain snob. :P PM me with address and I'll look into shipping costs, first come first served.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun May 19, 2019 10:29 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:02 am
unclebilly wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:26 am
I have the first ones from Galladoria Games and I got them painted the paint jobs where not good on them as the paint was coming off them in some places
This is a common problem I have with resin as I've been spoiled with dwarvenite and bonesium. I think I expect too much and am rougher than I should be with stacking some pieces in storage.
The paint was coming off them out the box when I got them. I had not even used or stacked them myself yet.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun May 19, 2019 12:02 am

unclebilly wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:26 am
I have the first ones from Galladoria Games and I got them painted the paint jobs where not good on them as the paint was coming off them in some places
This is a common problem I have with resin as I've been spoiled with dwarvenite and bonesium. I think I expect too much and am rougher than I should be with stacking some pieces in storage.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 am

The paint job on my docks was a single, thick layer of brown paint -on the top surface, only. Even the side surfaces of the dock decks were bare. And the paint was still sticky.

I had bought several unpainted items from them before, but I haven’t bought anything from them since.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

I stayed away from their first docks because they reminded me of real wood flooring I use to sell in the nineties and not wood docks. Sorry to hear the paint job was also poorly done.

These new docks look better but I worry how many of those lanterns will break off in the first year.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sat May 18, 2019 10:26 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am
I also got the docks, though unpainted and am quite satisfied with them. They seem as fiddly (medium level) as the DF docks an I got a lot more for the buck, especially with the Ks discount. I would have never have gotten the same number from DF.
I agree the DF ones look nice but they where way over priced for what little docks you got. I have the first ones from Galladoria Games and I got them painted the paint jobs where not good on them as the paint was coming off them in some places I ended up sealing them again myself with a mat sealer. I ended up getting a few sets from TabletopThings and they are great. I do like the look of the new ones from Galladoria also the lamp post are nice. I would like to just get some of them. I may just get a set to see what they look like in hand. I always like a little diversity in what I put down one a table. This way not all docks will look the same.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am

I also got the docks, though unpainted and am quite satisfied with them. They seem as fiddly (medium level) as the DF docks an I got a lot more for the buck, especially with the Ks discount. I would have never have gotten the same number from DF.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 pm

I ditto being very disappointed in the painted docks, both paint and sculpting. It just doesn't feel satisfying in the hand. I'm planning to replace them with either DF docks or the laser-cut wood set from TabletopThings on Etsy (just waiting to see how I like the DF docks from CD).

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 pm

I will say this second generation of dock styles looks to be more polished than the ones in the KS. I will also agree that the paint job on the docks was ok, but something I could have done pretty easily. Some of the smaller detail pieces (like those crates and barrels) were much nicer. Also, the beach tileset was again, ok and met the promises of the KS, but seem to be too flat in overall execution color. I understand his one-man paint shop was feeling overwhelmed given the number of orders he had to handle.

Return to “Gaming Talk”