Do you want KS7 to have more Erinthor Mountain Cliff sculpts?

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Re: Do you want KS7 to have more Erinthor Mountain Cliff sculpts?

Post by 93x74R » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am
93x74R wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am
I would also like to see more sculpts like the rock fall from KSII. I only have 2 of them but I use them in nearly every build, surface or subterranean. They are great for breaking up the blocky look and providing difficult terrain elevation change.
Abso-freakin-lutely. We need a whole pack of rock slides, cave-in, general obstacles, etc. I am super surprised that CD didn't have an adventure pack like that. We need HAZARDS! (and a magic mouth...)
Love the serpent magic mouth from KSII. Strong player favorite. Nothing says 'bad stuff is about to happen' quite like crawling through a giant snakes mouth.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:12 am

The ramp makes perfect sense when you remember that we got mountains in a Castle KS, as you can see below.

But I agree once one starts using the mountains as mountains in the wild the ramp looks out of place, this is one of the reasons I have been advocating for a couple of years the creation of mountain pathways.

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 am

Coming late to the party.

I really like the Mountain set. It is so versatile and adds so much flavor to the builds.
I would be really happy to see and buy new shaped pieces.
IMO they don’t need to be 4x4. Which is strategy of DF since CD?

I would like to see:
*Old worn-out steps in the pieces
*Higher cliff pieces (same height as the new Lavafall)
*Higher cliff piece with a small tree and the classical horizontal branch coming out to stop falling from the cliff
*Maybe some pieces with a small sod. Thinking about big cliffs like the ones in UK, Ireland.
*Vertically swelling up pieces to build overhangs
*Pieces with a small well and corresponding small brook

Btw. I don’t like the ramp piece either. IMO we have to many ramp pieces already which many avoid to use...
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 pm

I am looking forward to seeing how well the KS6 Cave Cliff Pack plays with Erinthor Mountains.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Talistran wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 pm
Agreed wholeheartedly on the ramp. I can't even really bring myself to use it, it is so terrible looking in comparison to the rest of it which is just so darn BEAUTIFUL. It would have been so easy to have a sculpted set of sets (or an uneven ramp, maybe) with the same general shape instead of a sloped/carved straight ramp.
The ramp is incongruous as it looks worked. I use it for worked locations. A little bit of a miss.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 pm

astolat wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 pm
William wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:00 pm
Not for gaming, but for dioramas/pictures, with Stalactites (stuck tight to the ceiling) instead of Stalagmites.
Isn't it easier to remember stalactites are on the ceiling and stalagmites are on the ground? :)

To make a pretense of staying on topic, I would really like some more elevation transition pieces. For me, the ramp is actually the one sour note in Erinthor. The dead sides I usually can hide, but the ramp just doesn't look natural. I'd like a couple of pieces like heaps of rocks that would create ragged and uneven slopes with just one or two spots for a mini to stand.
Agreed wholeheartedly on the ramp. I can't even really bring myself to use it, it is so terrible looking in comparison to the rest of it which is just so darn BEAUTIFUL. It would have been so easy to have a sculpted set of sets (or an uneven ramp, maybe) with the same general shape instead of a sloped/carved straight ramp.

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 pm

William wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:00 pm
Not for gaming, but for dioramas/pictures, with Stalactites (stuck tight to the ceiling) instead of Stalagmites.
Isn't it easier to remember stalactites are on the ceiling and stalagmites are on the ground? :)

To make a pretense of staying on topic, I would really like some more elevation transition pieces. For me, the ramp is actually the one sour note in Erinthor. The dead sides I usually can hide, but the ramp just doesn't look natural. I'd like a couple of pieces like heaps of rocks that would create ragged and uneven slopes with just one or two spots for a mini to stand.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm
szabbran wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:04 pm
I worked it back and forth as I was pulling it out.

I have not tried but I think you could (if you look closely at the mountain peices many of them are made of several parts so it had to be assembled in some way.)
Hmm... very interesting. I may be trying this. The trees are nice to have sometimes, but I'd also get a lot more use out of this if they were removable. If they come off relatively cleanly, should be easy enough to pin or magnetize.
Thanks kb :)

Magnets ..... Nice idea szabbran might look into that :)
Please post experimental findings and pictures, thank you very much!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

szabbran wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm
kodiakbear wrote:

I have not tried but I think you could (if you look closely at the mountain peices many of them are made of several parts so it had to be assembled in some way.)
Hmm... very interesting. I may be trying this. The trees are nice to have sometimes, but I'd also get a lot more use out of this if they were removable. If they come off relatively cleanly, should be easy enough to pin or magnetize.
Thanks kb :)

Magnets ..... Nice idea szabbran might look into that :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm

kodiakbear wrote:

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”