DF to make one last terrain setting.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DF to make one last terrain setting.

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 am

Explorer ship pledge: This creates a small explorer vessel

1 of each of the following:
Encounter 2: Docking bay
Encounter 3: Alien Containment
Encounter 4: Corridors
Encounter 9: Engine Room
Encounter 10: The Bridge

Destroyer Pledge: this creates a small warship

Encounter 7: Weapons Array

Battleship Pledge: this allows you to build an entire space ship on your table and includes

Encounter 1: Storage
Encounter 6: Engineering
Encounter 8: Medic bay
Add-on Officers quarters

And 2 of the following:
Encounter 5: Crews Quarters and canteen

The All in pledge
Includes one of every encounter plus all the unique add-ons and ensures you get one of every sculpt inc SGs.

Stretch Goals could include basic Wall and floor pieces include Trifecta walls, consoles. Bunk beds and medic beds and of course some minis
Although these have been included in the descriptions they could be removed and added as an SG for the All in pledge and as an Add-on.

There would be sculpts with audio embedded – using Bluetooth that can be linked to external speakers or even players smart phones to add such effects as:

“ALARM!!!!!!” – think original Das Boot
Claxxons
“Warning ship will self destruct in 5 minutes” and counts down – that will put the freak in and out of the players.
These would also link to the Alarm wall leds

There would be the following add-ons:
Standard walls
Bulkhead walls
Floors
Trifecta walls
Internal doors
Air lock doors
Large Airlock doors
Consoles
Weapon mount
Weapon cannon
Led Walls – There are 2 an Alarm wall with flashing leds and a status wall with a red and green led

Homage add-on
Star Trek away mission cardboard scenery, to recreate the authentic feel of 1960’s Star Trek.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 am

Overall feel is functional over aesthetics, think warship or explorer ship rather than cruise ship, built by the lowest bidding contractor.

Floors are grated with piping and wiring visible underneath
Walls are standard tabbed walls with pipes and wires running horizontal.

Consoles are designed to be detachable and swappable from whatever their initial function is, Weapon mount, Plasma Core, Engine or standard wall (think DoD Nook Ossuary) and either plugged into another console slot or a standard wall.

All encounters will include floors and standard tabbed walls and at least one led wall

Encounter 1: Storage
Basic Spaceship room with single internal ship door populated with Containers and canisters. Lots of basic walls and floors Extra walls to create partitions.

A room with two styles of Air lock – the large airlock for docked ships and a smaller airlock to enter the rest of the ship.
This includes Led walls where warning lights will flash, red and green leds to show status of each airlock. Also includes suspensor carriages to carry supplies, casualties or even xenos specimens!

The ships Laboratory which contains wall pods for Alien containment pods. These are removable and compatible with suspensor carriages.
Comes with a single internal airlock and led wall and includes a Medic/autopsy bench and console.

Lots of floors and tabbed walls also includes two ship doors that can be used as walls or can be endcaps to the corridor. Bends can be 90 degrees and are created using the floors and tabbed walls. Also included are diagonal walls with detachable triangular floors pieces (think Trifecta).
Included are two running minis representing a third party interference/hero and a helper

Encounter 5: Crews Quarters and canteen
A standard room with lots of standard walls and floors and a led wall, contains 3 bunkbeds with a small storage locker at each end, standing lockers that can be connected back to back or to the walls. 2 eating benches with 2 food dispensers connected to the walls

Encounter 6: Engineering
The centrepiece of this encounter is the Plasma Core 4x4 with 4 banks of consoles and internal led that can change colour and pulse at different frequencies.
Includes 1 internal ship door walls and floors and a led wall

No warship is complete with weapons. This room is void exposed and comes with a special big window wall and a large weapon mount with 3 consoles and a double headed barrel. The barrel is inserted into the weapon mount using either end. One end has a Laser blaster feel and the other a more old fashion large bore cannon feel (or rail gun). The barrel can be detached showing its destruction or under repair. Includes a small airlock, Storage container (for cannon shells).

Encounter 8: Medic bay
This room will be split into two with an airlock between the two and a special divider wall with large viewing window and two consoles. Includes internal ship door and 3 medic beds with small consoles and a Gurney.

Here we have a large 6x4 standalone Engine porting to a special wall sculpt. Includes one internal ships door and two console banks.

The brains of the ship with lots of walls and floors and trifecta walls with standalone consoles with chairs and wall consoles, a Large viewer screen and a Command throne. It will have a single large double door. Includes a Captain, 1st officer, science and comms officers

Unique add-ons
Officers’ quarters – this can turn Encounter 1 into Officers quarters with extra internal walls and doors. Includes desks with small console and larger beds and lockers

The Brig – This can turn Encounter 1 into a brig with Iso Cubes with a barred window door, a cot bed and a bucket ?! – SG could be to use force fields instead of the door.

Bulkheads - Large 4” thick standalone walls when you want that extra integrity

And a load of others we have not thought about yet!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:09 pm
William wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 am
dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:47 am
I am not super in the pro-swamp camp but it appears to be the only new terrain idea that has been listed in the five pages of this thread that has been fleshed out some. Jungle and desert were mentioned but have not seen much fleshing out. Belly of the beast is certainly new and would come with its own flesh, Sci-fi, City and Castle would be redos for DF. I personally want a little more city stuff but can not see it as a "one last terrain setting", actually I think the stuff I want would more be village stuff and less city stuff .
You want fleshed out we will give you fleshed out!

That initially conjured some quite nightmarish images but we will plough on regardless.
This is quite lengthy, so we split it across multiple posts to hopefully make it easier to read and keep our post count up :)

As Samuel Jackson said "Hold on to your butts"

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Ok, ok, since I'm like 68% sure that Swamps are in KS7, which is imminent, I'm willing to change my vote for "last terrain setting" to the Celestial Theme that I floated a few weeks ago.
This would be a combination of CBS/Castle/DoD and maybe even Wildlands compatible pieces that would allow you to build angelic /celestial themed environments and also would look good as "High Valoria" (I.e. Palaces and gardens, temples and aquaducts). Think marble and sculptures, high art and impressive architecture. It could possibly work as a 3 encounter mini-KS ala Hellscape.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=10578&p=160559#p160559

I think this would make a great final theme for DF, given that swamps were already made in this potential future timeline. 8-)

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 pm

William wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 pm
Village (Yes, yes, yes) and a few large temple pieces, like the entry by Elye. Maybe a few new roof ideas too.
If DF ever does a Dwarvenite temple entrance like Elye did in his Griffin Tamer Studio KS I hope they make the intricate carvings on the pediment removable. Elye did a great job making the two sides different but having each side be a different generic pediment that custom inserts could be used on would be even better. I could see the DF KS coming up with around four different Dwarvenite pediment inserts and others making custom resin inserts.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Village (Yes, yes, yes) and a few large temple pieces, like the entry by Elye. Maybe a few new roof ideas too.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:09 pm

William wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 am
dice4hire wrote:
Nice pics but I am still not in the pro-swamp camp.
Me too, just wanted to give the "Swampers" something to look at. ;) :lol:
Although, some cypress type trees would be cool. 8-)
I am not super in the pro-swamp camp but it appears to be the only new terrain idea that has been listed in the five pages of this thread that has been fleshed out some. Jungle and desert were mentioned but have not seen much fleshing out. Belly of the beast is certainly new and would come with its own flesh, Sci-fi, City and Castle would be redos for DF. I personally want a little more city stuff but can not see it as a "one last terrain setting", actually I think the stuff I want would more be village stuff and less city stuff .

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 am

dice4hire wrote:
Me too, just wanted to give the "Swampers" something to look at. ;) :lol:
Although, some cypress type trees would be cool. 8-)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:47 am

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 am

William wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:46 pm
Something to look at............................................. :shock:
Dead Swamp.jpg
Living Swamp.jpg
Swamp Trees.jpg
Swamp Walk.jpg
Swamp Town.jpg
Swamp Tower.jpg
Swamp Temple.jpg
Swamp Graveyard.jpg
Swamp Crypt.jpg
Drained Swamp.jpg
Swamp Dragon.jpg
Voodoo Swamp.jpg
Swamp Zombies.jpg
Swamp Spiderman or Dryder.jpg
Swamp Serpent.jpg
Swamp Thing.jpg
Swamp Dentistry.jpg
Swamp Demon.jpg
Lost in the Swamp.jpg
;) :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

No we do not get it :(

Those make swamps look horrible, wet, monster infested, fly ridden, damp, festering bogs .........ahh now we get it :)

Some specific swamp sculpts would be cool and fully expect one encounter in KS7 to cover this itch.
So not needed for the LAST KS.

Return to “Questions?”