erinthor mountains and banks

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Re: erinthor mountains and banks

Post by NiandoBG » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:24 am

IMO the painted banks won't match that well with the mountain set.

My fear is that the banks will have the green moss tone which indicates that there is a high humidity around.
(At least thats how I interpret the pictures in the pledge manager)

It will work if you use the banks in the bottom level but after that I expect that it looks okay but not good.

I ordered three stone bank add-on packs unpainted. At the moment I think I will skip the green moss step to better blend them in.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:58 am

Depends on which banks.

There was a build that included Erinthor Mountains and Dreadhollow

Now while this build did not include any Dreadhollow transition banks, it shows how well the two mix.
Given that Dreadhollow transition banks will be the same paint scheme as Dreadhollow you get a good idea of compatibility .

But we suspect that this thread is aimed at Stone Banks
We have not seen any pictures or video of these banks and Erinthor :(
We may have missed it as we are not getting any of these banks.

But we are getting a couple of cliff packs to mix with our Erinthor mountains, so will be looking to mix CD caverns paint scheme with Erinthor Mountains. We do not expect them to match and agree with szabbran expecting a browner paint scheme in CD.

This does not bother us that much as you can often get different hues of stone in the same location especially at different heights.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:28 am

I definitely intend to do the same, and I'm not too worried about a color mismatch even though I don't expect it will be perfect. Erinthor definitely has more grey tones where caverns has more brown, and I'm expecting that to be true for mountains too, but I think it'll absolutely be close enough.

I'm also excited to get escarpments and forest banks in the mix for bases to the erinthor mountains- I believe there were a few KS6 videos showing that kind of integration.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 pm

yeah true, just wondered if DF posted any. Maybe a ks5 ledge instead?

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Unless DF posted some, pretty hard for anyone else to have any...yet. And we have to keep in mind that often the early DF pictures are based on the originals, not the factory production which might have a slight difference as well.

period3
Orc
Orc

erinthor mountains and banks

Post by period3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:57 pm

I'd like to use banks at the edges of my erinthor mountain floor tiles. I'm a little worried about mismatched paint though, given that unpainted Erinthor is a different shade of grey than KS1/KS2. I'm guessing the KS6 banks will be a similar shade of grey as KS1/KS2/KS5. I'm not sure how it will all end up looking painted.

Are there pics anywhere of painted KS6 banks up against the painted Erinthor mountain floors?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”