It’s late July! It’s late July!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Maybe alternate paint schemes should be people painting at home? Lots of variety there, but kinda uneven quality.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:45 pm

To be fair 95% of the Underdoom stuff i have seen looks great - but the bad pieces are REALLY bad

Still think alternate paint schemes should be separate KS's - simpler for DF, simpler for the factory - it does require patience from the consumers though and we are not a patient lot ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Here is a blurry photo to use as an example ..... 10DPI is plenty of resolution.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Blunderbuss wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:39 pm
Dwarven Forge has said in the past (mostly during 6.66) that the factory wasn’t particularly happy to be doing so many alternate paint schemes in KS6 and that they had been getting some pushback from them. I can’t help wondering if this questionable Underdoom paint is, in part, a reflection of that frustration.

“You want two more paint schemes for this now? Really? UGH. Fine, here you go.”

I’m sure the communication was not as juvenile, of course, but it’s no surprise the same love and care doesn’t go into the factory paint as the studio paint - especially if the factory didn’t want to do the alternate paint to start. :?
“Ok, all you new hires, you get the Underdoom stuff to paint. Use this end of the brush, that barrel of purple paint, and get ‘er done...”

:shock: :? ;)

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Dwarven Forge has said in the past (mostly during 6.66) that the factory wasn’t particularly happy to be doing so many alternate paint schemes in KS6 and that they had been getting some pushback from them. I can’t help wondering if this questionable Underdoom paint is, in part, a reflection of that frustration.

“You want two more paint schemes for this now? Really? UGH. Fine, here you go.”

I’m sure the communication was not as juvenile, of course, but it’s no surprise the same love and care doesn’t go into the factory paint as the studio paint - especially if the factory didn’t want to do the alternate paint to start. :?

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Post by aggothard » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:56 am
I’m hoping to receive some of the KS6 pieces before they close the pledge manager for KS 6.66. It might convince me to buy more pieces if I really like the new caverns pieces (I.e. trifecta, passages etc.(
The trifecta pieces are amazing and versatile. It took me a minute to realize you have to have the bank slope side down to line it up with the wall piece properly. Sometimes I am not the sharpest knife I. The drawer lol...

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Post by aggothard » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 pm

icestormganon wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:25 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:45 am
Thank you, UPS! Just got an email from them saying I will have a package coming tomorrow. So no email from DF. 🤷‍♂️
. It’s easy to sign up and once you do you can redirect the package to a UPS Store near you. Works great.

Ugh, this is worrisome to me. I'm not signed up for that UPS service, I was expecting an email from DF. I have them shipping to my new address but my wife and I won't be there til next week.

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Blunderbuss wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:43 pm
Eek. Unclebilly’s Underdoom has me a little worried.

I didn’t pick up any Underdoom this time around, as my funds were limited, but I did go in pretty big for Hellscape and was thinking that perhaps I would eventually expand to pick up the other “specialty” themes (ice and Underdoom) down the line. Beyond the shockingly bright purple in some of unclebilly’s photos, I’m struck by how much variability there is from one piece to another. It doesn’t look cohesive, and frankly, it doesn’t look very good. :?

I’m a little more optimistic for ice, but if unclebilly’s photos are indicative of what Underdoom is going to be, I’m inclined to just pass on that particular theme. I already didn’t care much for the neon green pools, but together with the new, bright purple stone, the whole thing looks almost comical. Underdoom shouldn’t be comical.
I'm in for the whole Underdoom encounter, and have concerns also. Beyond that, if they can't match Underdoom pieces to one another, how is Hellscape going to look with the harder paint requirements needed for this by the factory? I hope that DF shows willingness to fix-replace mismatched Barneydoom pieces if they can't get better quality out of the factory. :!: :!:

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Eek. Unclebilly’s Underdoom has me a little worried.

I didn’t pick up any Underdoom this time around, as my funds were limited, but I did go in pretty big for Hellscape and was thinking that perhaps I would eventually expand to pick up the other “specialty” themes (ice and Underdoom) down the line. Beyond the shockingly bright purple in some of unclebilly’s photos, I’m struck by how much variability there is from one piece to another. It doesn’t look cohesive, and frankly, it doesn’t look very good. :?

I’m a little more optimistic for ice, but if unclebilly’s photos are indicative of what Underdoom is going to be, I’m inclined to just pass on that particular theme. I already didn’t care much for the neon green pools, but together with the new, bright purple stone, the whole thing looks almost comical. Underdoom shouldn’t be comical.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:56 am
I’m hoping to receive some of the KS6 pieces before they close the pledge manager for KS 6.66. It might convince me to buy more pieces if I really like the new caverns pieces (I.e. trifecta, passages etc.(
Yep.

In theory, my first shipment arrives today. :)

I haven't even started looking at the pledge manager yet and probably won't until the first week of Sept.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”