cigarboxbattle

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

cigarboxbattle

Post by Oldent » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:27 pm

OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Re: cigarboxbattle

Post by Mitch » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 pm

How does the artwork compare to Deepcut mats (for example)? They seem to be more illustrated/cartoony than realistic but hard to tell without seeing them in person.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Mitch wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 pm
How does the artwork compare to Deepcut mats (for example)? They seem to be more illustrated/cartoony than realistic but hard to tell without seeing them in person.
I have six or seven, The ACW battle fields are made for 10 and 15mm wargames.They are substitute for paper maps. I like the islands and the beach. I have lava and water. I also have snow,flag stone and the cross roads. They also do custom.

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Beach map is one that I fancy but looks too hand-drawn when compared to Deepcut's version:

https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/w ... mat-beach/

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:22 am

Their new grassland, lost temple, and jungle floor mats look nice, but due to saving funds for KS7 I have to pass.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Post by Bossman » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:43 am

Thanks for the heads-up on this Oldent. There was an thread somewhere comparing various mats which had me looking out for the next Cigar-Box KS particularly re the "plush" mats which I think I would prefer visually to the neoprene mats but not sure how they perform re slipping, creasing and stretching etc. My understanding is these ones in the KS are plush but not "as plush" ad the previous plush mats??? Would appreciate any comments or information on these mats. Cheers

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Like Bossman, I'm wondering how these deal with "snagging". I'm worried pushing models around will catch the fabric like material of them, although I really do like how easy and versatile these look.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:40 pm

ForestZ wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 pm
Like Bossman, I'm wondering how these deal with "snagging". I'm worried pushing models around will catch the fabric like material of them, although I really do like how easy and versatile these look.

I have had no issue with snagging.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 am

We have a new favourite photo from the Humungous Smiley Flower dimension of Old Man Willows tree of infinite (if slightly dodgy) dimensions.

We have a double sided Cigar plush from a previous KS. It is exactly what it says it is, but we prefer neoprene mats.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 am

I find it interesting that on the mats with created features like roads, that only the road widths seem to scale up, that all the other features, trees, bushes, water seem to be the same on the 10-15mm and the 25-28 mm versions.

I also freaked out on the cloud mat until I noticed it was intended for being used as a backdrop.

Going to review what mats I already have. Its a bummer that the do not offer a 1" square overlay, but all sorts of other sizes and hexes.

Return to “Gaming Talk”