Well a lot obviously depends on what exactly you do have plus what you like to do in terms of gaming (assuming that this is mostly for gaming). But, just some ideas not knowing for sure what you do have and in no particular order:Tyrant1969 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 pmOkay folks - the Christmas season will soon be upon us all and my wife is asking me for my "list".
The problem is...I'm at a loss as to what to put on it! And I'll bet that I'm not the only one in this particular boat.
In the last 18 months I've redone my basement as the gaming space, picked up a table from ToUG, I've got enough dice to choke a camel. While I don't have anything like AnimeSensei or some of the others on here I do have a good amount of DF bits and pieces. I've been slowly collecting mini's for awhile (starting to learn how to pain SLOWLY) - what else can anyone suggest?
1. Supplements for any games you play or might like to play. A new rulebook is always easier to accept when you don't have to pay for it.
2. More stuff for the basement? Don't know how much room you have or how much you have decked it out, but things like a kegerator/bar add lots of ambiance and fun. Also storage solutions like bookshelves, bins, label makers, etc.
3. More DF! You can either highlight certain things you want to add, or just ask for a gift card if it doesn't turn your wife off (My mom for instance absolutely abhors the idea of gift cards).
4. You say you are learning to paint? What supplies do you need? Good quality brushes? (You can never have too many of those as they do wear out no matter how well you treat them). Wet Palette? Airbrush? Paints? Seriously, paints are expensive and if you have a relatively small collection, they are great to receive as gifts. Same for paint storage solutions (I use nail polish racks mounted to a wall). Also basing materials never go wrong.
5. Minis! Larger minis, even in a "cheap" material such as Bones are still expensive. Christmas is a great time to get some of those really big, expensive, show stopper minis.
6. If you have a ToUG you probably also have nice dice tray(s), but if not . . . Dice Trays!
7. Anything else you need/want for running your game nights such as "mood lighting" (variable colored lighting for battles, etc.), laptop/tablet for displaying images/maps, projector for maps, etc. You may have all of this already of course, just thinking off the top of my head.