New Website

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Website

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu May 21, 2020 2:38 pm

zenako wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm
Just a quick comment. When viewing on a desktop computer now, the default font size on the Forum and Shops is pretty satisfying with these settings. I can read the forums without issue, and the shop info on each pack is legible without zooming in. Thanks.

PS I do not ever view this site on anything but a full-size computer screen, even my laptop is a 17" screen so I have no idea about how things look on a smartphone.
The font size is still huge for me. Like each letter is almost a full centimetre high.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Just a quick comment. When viewing on a desktop computer now, the default font size on the Forum and Shops is pretty satisfying with these settings. I can read the forums without issue, and the shop info on each pack is legible without zooming in. Thanks.

PS I do not ever view this site on anything but a full-size computer screen, even my laptop is a 17" screen so I have no idea about how things look on a smartphone.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 am
So the new font is new :lol:

So we will reserve judgment for a week and if we still notice that its new then it is bugging us.

The actual forum posts font and size has stayed the same. Happy about that :)
Actually it didn't, it just seems to have been restored to some previous settings, perhaps between times of the RB peeking at the forums. It was like reading with a magnifying lens right after they updated the Website. (Or just upping the Zoom setting on the page from 100% to 130% or something like that!. They have also increased the font size on the SHop pages a bit, it used to be silly small and hard to read. Now it is just a little bit smaller than last week but much easier to read. Clearly, we are in a dynamic website environment where we are part of the checks and balances to see what is working and not.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 am

So the new font is new :lol:

So we will reserve judgment for a week and if we still notice that its new then it is bugging us.

The actual forum posts font and size has stayed the same. Happy about that :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am

No matter how many times I click on "Remember Me" it doesn't remember me and I have to log in every time now.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Attaching images also looks odd as the button to insert the image now rolls down to below the file name due to the font size.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

I hope the website is not final yet and they still play around with it to figure everything out to work correctly.
E.g. at the moment I can not see the complete shop submenu on an iPad in landscape format...(see screenshot).

Not sure if DF thinks that all forumnites are old people who like big font sizes and „old“ font types...

I‘ll wait what will change before I will make my own final assessment...
Attachments
49960F5D-FC78-4B75-82AB-28C092CD7BF8.png
49960F5D-FC78-4B75-82AB-28C092CD7BF8.png (276.45 KiB) Viewed 211 times
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon May 18, 2020 6:19 pm

new font size is not to my liking at all.

and I hate all the boxed verbiage at the top. why not just a three line topic title?

Or even better, a one liner link that says... um... “Read this First”, and then shows all that cr@p thats been there since like fer-ever.... it never changes, gets updated, etc.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 pm

It is a bit of a new look. Will be interesting to see where it ends up. The font size is kind to me, i must say though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Mon May 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Slight size issues aside, I like the new look. It seems like the respective sizes (forums and shop) need to meet in the middle somewhere.

Return to “Website Feedback”